Options

Wave Receipts for Android - Not Available in the Play Store

JustinAJustinA Member Posts: 37 admin

Please note: this discussion has been closed as it contains outdated information. Please click here for the latest on Wave Receipts.

Hey Wavers,

Wave Receipts is not currently available for Android in the Google Play Store.

We’re working on making the app available to you again, and we’ll update you on this post when that’s possible.

In the meantime, you can upload receipts directly in your Wave account or email receipts to Wave.

Update, Jan 10, 2020:

We’ve moved downloads for Wave Receipts for Android directly to Wave for the foreseeable future.

If you’re on a desktop computer, you can visit the Wave Receipts page, and scan the QR code with your phone to download the App that way instead.

If you’ve never downloaded and installed an Android app from outside of the Google Play store before, make sure you’ve adjusted your settings to allow apps from unknown sources. Third party apps will not be allowed by your device without updating this setting and you should not install them from untrusted sources unless you are sure of what you are installing. Once you are done installing Wave Receipts, we’d recommend turning this setting back on unless you’re frequently installing applications from third parties.

For more information on how we handle data and security, you can read our Terms of Use.

What happens if I deleted the version of Wave Receipts that I previously had on my device?

You can download a new copy directly from Wave. All of your data is in Wave, not the app, so when you login from your app, you can continue to upload apps to your account. You can also see all of your receipts online in your Wave account by logging in and going to Purchases>Receipts.

What version of Android do I need?

You can see what browsers and operating systems Wave supports here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019859712-What-browsers-does-Wave-support-

Thanks,

edited June 4, 2021 in Mobile Technical Support

Comments

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @GlennF. We experienced an issue where our Receipts app wasn't appearing on the Play Store. this has now been resolved and should be appearing as expected, appreciate your patience and understanding here.

• Options
    GlennFGlennF Member Posts: 30 ✭✭

1/3/19 This has happened again - showing delisted

• Options
    KristyKristy Member Posts: 2

Hi, I can't find the Android version of the app anywhere in the Google Play store. Advice?

• Options
    GenesterGenester Member Posts: 4

Is the receipt app no longer available? I only see the Wave Accounting app in the Google Play Store.

• Options
    GenesterGenester Member Posts: 4

Is the receipt app no longer available? I only see the Wave Accounting app in the Google Play Store.

• Options
    FandangleFandangle Member Posts: 5

Hi all, I'm new to Wave and it is just what I'm looking for. But the Android Receipt app doesn't appear to be in the google Play Store. None of the links for the Android app on the wave site or help site work, saying that 'The link is not valid'.
    Is it me or my phone?
    Please help.
    Many thanks

• Options

Hi all, I just tried to find the app again and the message returned to me says 'We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.' and that comes from the play store. Can anyone help please or let me know if they can see the app in the play store.
    Many thanks

• Options
    tree_glass_studios19tree_glass_studios19 Member Posts: 1

Hi all. I'm having the same issue. I get the same error message and the receipt app is nowhere to be found in playstore. I emailed support. I'm new to Wave and think its right for me, but I need to be able to test out the app before I commit. Thanks!

• Options
    edwardsuasedwardsuas Member Posts: 1

same issue. And my app is buggy as well.

• Options
    Becky_p1308Becky_p1308 Member Posts: 1
    The android wave receipts app isn't there, I've tried multiple ways to find it (email link, website link, search, Google). I'm guessing something's gone wrong with it and it's not available. Could someone advise?
  • Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @GlennF @Genester

I've merged your comment into this new thread regarding the issue we are having with receipts app in Google Play store. You can check out this thread for future updates. My apologies for this technically issue we're experiencing!

edited January 7, 2020
  • Options
    DodgerDodger Member Posts: 1

Still the same....doesnt exist...something happen to the company?

• Options

I'm too getting worried that the company has folded, no reply from my emails to them and no response here too. Anyone have any info?

• Options
    RonSobolRonSobol Member Posts: 1
    What happened to the Receipts app on Google play store? I got a new phone and it says app not found...
  • Options
    Rawcountrydesigns06Rawcountrydesigns06 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, I'm having the same issue. Cannot find the receipts app. Also wave cannot connect to my bank accounts at all. Tried the live chat but it's been offline for days
    edited January 8, 2020
  • Options
    mesqukamesquka Member Posts: 1

I've got the same issue, just factory reset my phone. I've had to stick to using my old iPhone for that purpose for the time being.

• Options
    Nathan92Nathan92 Member Posts: 5

I am having a lot of issues with the system the past day or so, now the app is not working and missing from Playstore.

Has anyone moved across to another accounting system?

• Options

They tweeted 19 hours ago.

• Options
    GregDravenGregDraven Member Posts: 1

Are you able to make the app available directly from your site?
    Having the Receipt app unavailable in Jan in the UK is disastrous....

• Options

Hey @Kristy @Genester

I've merged your questions into the more appropriate thread as we're currently experiencing issues with our receipts app in the Google Play store. My apologies about this and thanks for your patience as we work to get this fixed!

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@Fandangle @tree_glass_studios19 @edwardsuas @Becky_p1308 @Dodger @RonSobol @Rawcountrydesigns06 @mesquka @Nathan92 @GregDraven

Hi everyone, I've merged your comments into the following thread to give you more context as to what's going on. There are also some alternative receipt uploading methods which are offered as alternatives in the meantime at the top of the thread.

• Options

Having the receipt App down at this time of year in the UK is a big problem. I'm looking to use Wave as my only financial system but this situation has left me unsure. Could you please reassure us that this is both temporary and a one off as we need a reliable system. Be honest and open about what has happened and keep us updated regularly, please.
    I thought Wave had folded as I was receiving nothing and so have continued to use my old system, but Wave looks great, just what I need and well thought out. Communication is the key.

edited January 10, 2020
  • Options

Fandangle I was under the same impression that they folded.

Even the alterative options on how to upload receipts did not work yesterday.

• Options

Hey folks!
    @Fandangle @Nathan92

As it states in Justins update above you should now be able to download our receipts app from our website below!

https://www.waveapps.com/receipts

Let us know if you have any troubles!

• Options

Thanks for the heads up Barsin, if you hadn't have let me know I wouldn't have seen that at the top as I always head to the last post on a thread I've read. Why is it at the top only?
    Thanks again.

• Options
    RudeboyRudeboy Member Posts: 1

@JustinA said:
    Hey Wavers,

Wave Receipts is not currently available for Android in the Google Play Store.

We’re working on making the app available to you again, and we’ll update you on this post when that’s possible.

In the meantime, you can upload receipts directly in your Wave account or email receipts to Wave.

Learn more about receipt uploads here, and emailing receipts here.

Update, Jan 10, 2020:

We’ve moved downloads for Wave Receipts for Android directly to Wave for the foreseeable future.

You can now download the Wave Receipts App for Android by visiting https://www.waveapps.com/download-receipts-app which is a direct download link for the APK (Android app file).

If you’re on a desktop computer, you can visit the Wave Receipts page, and scan the QR code with your phone to download the App that way instead.

If you’ve never downloaded and installed an Android app from outside of the Google Play store before, make sure you’ve adjusted your settings to allow apps from unknown sources. Third party apps will not be allowed by your device without updating this setting and you should not install them from untrusted sources unless you are sure of what you are installing. Once you are done installing Wave Receipts, we’d recommend turning this setting back on unless you’re frequently installing applications from third parties.

For more information on how we handle data and security, you can read our Terms of Use.

What happens if I deleted the version of Wave Receipts that I previously had on my device?

You can download a new copy directly from Wave. All of your data is in Wave, not the app, so when you login from your app, you can continue to upload apps to your account. You can also see all of your receipts online in your Wave account by logging in and going to Purchases>Receipts.

What version of Android do I need?

You can see what browsers and operating systems Wave supports here: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019859712-What-browsers-does-Wave-support-

Thanks,

Will we get notified via email when it is available again?

edited January 14, 2020
  • Options

Google de-lists apps when they don't comply with their security and privacy TOS. What did this app violate? Since this app is installed on work devices, it's fair for Wave to disclose.

• Options

Hey thee @GlennF

Pardon the technical jargon, but just wanted to clarify the issue we ran into with our app in the Google Play store and how its removal was not a security related matter.

Our Receipts app was built to support Android hardware with 32 bit architectures. The current version doesn't have 64 bit support, which prevents it from meeting a hard requirement for distribution in the Google Play Store. We've decided in the interim, to host the app ourselves in order to have the flexibility of providing bug fixes and security updates for existing users. We are looking at rolling out a new Receipt scan experience with 64 bit support which would replace the existing Receipts app once available.

Hopefully this makes sense and don't hesitate to reach out if you have other questions regarding this!

• Options

@BarsinA
    Thanks a bunch for the explanation. Until the new version in Google Play is released, can there be a changelog posted somewhere so we know when to direct download a new version?

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @GlennF when the updated app is once again added to the Google Play store, it should alert you that an update is ready for download.

This discussion has been closed.