import from paypal, missing many.

ulaoulao Member Posts: 3

I set up my connection to paypal from the beginning (2015) and only transaction from January 2020 and December 2019 show up? The indication of import in progress is no longer showing so I assume its done. What could be wrong?

Comments

• ulaoulao Member Posts: 3

Also it seem my last few paypal transactions didnt show up. I only have a small portion of them and none since I connected to paypal.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @ulao!

Once connected, the PayPal connection should import automatically. However, there is an issue that has been known to occur where this process stops and a manual refresh is required.

Go to your menu and click Integrations > Click the pen icon to the right of the PayPal integration to edit that connection. When you open this window you will be able to adjust the date field to import from one day prior to the date you currently have listed. Doing this will act as a manual refresh and prompt the system to pull any transactions that have not been automatically imported.

I would advise that you do not disconnect and then reconnect the PayPal integration. Doing this will result in a new PayPal category getting added to your Chart of Accounts every time you reconnect the PayPal account, and you'd have to then manually move all your old PayPal imports over to the new account.

If this doesn't resolve the issue and allow for automatic imports (which you should see after a few days), it's possible that you're affected by this issue. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently working with PayPal to determine a resolution for this, though to be honest, it's been slow going.

As an alternative, you may wish to consider disconnecting the PayPal account all together and using the Manual Statement Upload method which will allow you to import transactions downloaded directly from your PayPal account to your business profile, functioning similarly to the Credit Card/Bank account manual import process accessible through the MORE options in the Accounting > Transactions page under "Upload a Bank Statement".

As another alternative, you can use Wave Connect to import your PayPal transactions into your Wave account. All you need to do is input the transactional information into a template that is generated through the add-on feature in Google sheets and it auto-populates right into your Wave account once you've validated the data.