Options

Migration adjustement problems

AmaranathoAmaranatho Member Posts: 14

Hello,
I've spent best part of four days trying to understanding about the migration adjustments. I've not been able to find a single article which explains in sufficient detail what to do and why it happen to a technical audience. If there is please can you let me know.

So I see you cannot delete them so I have created a category called migration mistakes for all my accounts. for income and expenses. and just ignored this makes my accounts out even on the reports.

The only explanation was to download my previous accounts and check against them. Which I have tried to do and still cannot work out where the problem is there are no dates to say which transaction it is.

Maybe you could offer some pointers, suggestions.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Amaranatho! I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've been having with regards to the migration adjustment entries. Have you seen this Help Center article about it? That might help to clear up some of the inquiries you've had here!

• Options

Thanks @ConnorM for replying to my message most of that help article did not help. I'm unable to work out why the adjustments happened. any other suggestions?

• Options
    QuiteQuinnQuiteQuinn Member Posts: 4

@Amaranatho Looks like this is how to resolve these annoying automated changes.

**If you are completely confident that you do not need some or all of these entries, you can create an offsetting journal entry:

Duplicate the Wave adjustment entry.
    Swap all debits to credits, and vice versa.
    So for me, I just created an expense called "Migration Adjustment Entry (CANCELLED)" with the same amount as the credit they automatically applied and gave it the same date, etc.

• Options

Thanks for that @QuiteQuinn , in the end I did similar