Options

How to create a sales order?

steve.smithsteve.smith Member Posts: 2

How do I create a sales order that I can invoice and print packing slips from? It's important to have a sales orderas it isoften fulfilled over multiple releases which requires multiple packing slips and invoices for the one customer purchase order.

Comments

• Options
    steve.smithsteve.smith Member Posts: 2

As a follow up to the previous question. Ithought I could print packing slips by modifying the invoice title from "Invoice" to "Packing" slip and removing pricing/cost info. While I was able to change the title and remove the "unit price" and "amount" columns, I was unable to remove the "amount due" fields or add a "ship date".

I hope I'm missing something because I would assumethere is packing slip functionality as they are an essential part of any shipping transaction.

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi Steve! Wave does not have this functionality at this time. You can create multiple invoices for a single customer (associated by invoice number prefix for example) and these will all appear on your customer's statement.

• Options
    skatebladesskateblades Member Posts: 1

I agree that sales orders would be extremely helpful - especially if they could be converted to the customer invoice. One important feature would be to allow for partial shipments, and backorders. This is one of the key features I am looking for, in addition to being able to track open orders.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @skateblades.

A feature like this one isn't currently on the roadmap. Wave is built with business that predominantly provide services in mind first, so a lot of features like this one, or purchase orders, or inventory management features aren't in focus for our engineers.If you want to read up more on how we choose new features for Wave, I'd recommend this post.

That being said, if you give me a bit more information on your business and on the kind of thing you would need to best run it, I might be able to recommend a workaround.

• Options
    solosailssolosails Member Posts: 26

Please please please please please add a sales order function - I am currently looking to move away from Quickbooks (who I hate as a company for numerous reasons) Your system looks great, but missing this simple function (and cash accounting) are the two reasons I have discounted Wave as an option, which is a shame, as I like the simplicity and layout of the interface.

Estimate - Purchase Order - Invoice.

This is a standard accounting work flow (with purchase orders as well) Even if you are a services based company, there must be time when bidding for a contract you need to seal the order with a sales order prior to the completed invoice - its an essential to add in my opinion.

edited March 26, 2018
  • Options
    OC604OC604 Member Posts: 1

NO packing slip or inventory options? I just wasted 2 hours setting this up.

• Options
    InsightInsight Member Posts: 5

I need to send purchase orders to my vendors. How do I do that? This has been a frustrating few hours for me to set wave up. No packing slips? It's a simple operation in my hated QB's. As I asked in another post , why would RBC send me an invitation to join Wave when it's not able to do what I need it to do?

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Insight.

These are not features that are available in Wave. I added a bit of explanation as to why on your other comment here. Again, we're sorry to hear about your negative experience and will be taking steps to prevent miscommunications like these in the future.

• Options
    Natasha_01_PentzNatasha_01_Pentz Member Posts: 1

Hi, I would also like to know about packing slips and purchase orders. If there is a way to change an invoice to be able to use as PS and/or PO?

• Options
    cpoladuracpoladura Member Posts: 1

Is there a plan or roadmap to include Sales Orders?
    Seems to be quite an important record between the Estimate/Quote and the Invoice
    I love WAVE, but it just doesn't make sense to use one system for Sales Orders, and another one for Invoices.

Thanks!

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @cpoladura , thanks for reaching out! I'm afraid that building out sales orders is not a feature on our product's road map at this time. Thank you for providing the context as to why this feature would benefit you and your experience with Wave!