Change pay period dates

savvyedsavvyed Member Posts: 4

I didn't run payroll in Oct, Nov, or Dec last year. I want to run a Jan payroll, but I only want it to cover Jan 2020. When I try to run it, it defaults to the Oct 2019 pay period. How do I change that?

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @savvyed

Usually you would need to select a new end date in the run payroll page that works within your payroll frequency. I can see you've already calculated your January dates so I'm glad you've sorted this out.

• SamT_1988SamT_1988 Member Posts: 1

I'm having the same issue. I haven't ran payroll since August 2019 as my employee resigned and I didn't have anyone else to add until June 1 2020, however I'm unable to change the payroll end date. It gives me an error message every time. Help!

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @SamT_1988 , welcome to the Community! I'm sorry you're seeing an error here. It's most likely due to the end date you're selecting not matching up with your payroll frequency. For example, if you had a bimonthly frequency (1st & 15th) and picked an end date which was the 3rd, this error would arise. That said, I see you've reached out to our Support team as well, so it looks like you're sorted! If you still need help, we're here :)

• LakotaLakota Member Posts: 1

I'm new to payroll, everything has been easy, up until now, It wont calculate the hours for last month I entered. In the time sheets, the hours are saved, but when I run the payroll it wont go back to the hours for last month so I can pay the employee. Thanks