Options

IBAN being obsfucated

Bruce_HuntBruce_Hunt Member Posts: 2

Hi all;

Was wondering if anyone could help me with a new issue thats cropped up. I have been adding our company bank details in our invoice memo for ages, however, recently this is being converted to LT 4*** **** **** *004 81 I've tried no spaces, spaces etc, it seems like a RegEx rule.

This is obviously a massive inconvenience as it is essential to have payment details on an invoice. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Regards;

Bruce

Comments

• Options
    Bruce_HuntBruce_Hunt Member Posts: 2

Follow up to my earlier query about our IBAN being obfuscated in invoices which was deleted (https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/comment/28817#Comment_28817)

The answer I received from @BarsinA stated:

Hey @Bruce_Hunt Our PCI compliance does not allow for this account info to >appear on your invoices unfortunately. You can add periods in between if you like, >o…

(this is truncated as that's all I got in the email notification, and didn't get to the reply before it was deleted).

I'd like to clarify that IBANs are public identifiers, and therefore are not subject to PCI requirements. There is no logic in removing banking details from what is essentially a request for payment document.

https://pcissc.secure.force.com/faq/articles/Frequently_Asked_Question/Does-PCI-DSS-apply-to-bank-account-data#

Additionally, adding "." will only inconvenience clients who would need to manually copy the IBAN across rather than copy/pasting it.

edited February 3, 2020
  • Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Bruce_Hunt . Sorry about the long wait time, it's a busy time of year and we're working hard to get through all of the volume. You're actually correct, it seems that this isn't a PCI compliance thing (please excuse our mistaken take on this). We'll be getting in touch with the team about why this happens, as well as if it's something that we can consider changing. Please keep your eyes glued to this thread, as we'll update you here when we know more. In the meantime, you will have to separate your IBAN with periods until we get this looked at.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Bruce_Hunt , just wanted to update you on this. Although this is something we'd like to change, there are no current plans to do so on our short-term roadmap. We'll be revisiting this again in the near future to determine if and how this can be done. I thank you for your patience in this situation.

• Options
    TasosTasos Member Posts: 1

There is no way around this and it is frustrating. It is the most normal thing to add your iban number in your invoices. I can understand why this is so dificult, but i will have to go with another option for my invoices

• Options
    xilartxilart Member Posts: 4

I'm having the same problem. Can't add IBAN account number into invoice details because it's being replaced with UA2030************0103670393 when I press "Save" button. It makes completely no sense because 3 other IBAN numbers work perfectly in "Standard memo" field, and only one (my new IBAN) gets blocked (obfuscated). This needs to be fixed, because it may cause issues with receiving payments. And if that happens even once - that would be a reason to change Waveapps to something else, for sure.

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @xilart, thank you for your input here. This is something that the teams are still interested in changing, however it is not clear if and how it can be implemented.

• Options
    VukVuk Member Posts: 1

Hi everybody, I found a geeky workaround to make this work.

Do the following:
    1. Go to settings then invoice customization
    2. Open chrome console (if you're using chrome)
    3. Feel in your IBAN (it will be obsfucated)
    4. In chrome console find "settings" request. Right click and "copy as curl"
    5. In an editor find "***" and replace your obsfucated iban with correct one
    6. Copy paste that in terminal and voila, your iban is there

• Options

@Vuk said:
    Hi everybody, I found a geeky workaround to make this work.

Do the following:
    1. Go to settings then invoice customization
    2. Open chrome console (if you're using chrome)
    3. Feel in your IBAN (it will be obsfucated)
    4. In chrome console find "settings" request. Right click and "copy as curl"
    5. In an editor find "***" and replace your obsfucated iban with correct one
    6. Copy paste that in terminal and voila, your iban is there

Haha! It did work for me. Thanks, @Vuk.
    @ConnorM, this is so lame!

• Options
    GiovanniValeGiovanniVale Member Posts: 1

Hi @Vuk! Thanks for your message. I'm stuck to number 5. I am not sure in which terminal I am supposed to paste the whole script. Could you clarify that?
    Thanks a lot!
    Giovanni

• Options

@GiovanniVale said:
    I am not sure in which terminal I am supposed to paste the whole script. Could you clarify that?

try using curl command with Linux.
    unfortunately, powershell with Windows didn't work for me.

• Options

@ConnorM said:
    Hey @xilart, thank you for your input here. This is something that the teams are still interested in changing, however it is not clear if and how it can be implemented.

Any idea when this can be fixed? This is really inconvenient. Thanks in advance.