Adding A discount to the bill Of purchases

Steveal3aneefSteveal3aneef Member Posts: 3

Hi Guys

I 've been using wave apps for a year now, I never thought to ask questions on this forum,

my question is, there an easy way to add a discount on a bill given by the supplier,

Your help means a lot to my business. thanks in advance

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Steveal3aneef! The only way to add a discount showing on the bill would be to add a line item with a negative price to the bill. Hope that helps!

• crawley7crawley7 Member Posts: 8

if the bill has already been reported in a previous period with sales tax added ,by adding a further line with the discount and discount on the sales tax it will throw it out of wack ,surely?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @crawley7

We might need a bit more info about what this looks like in a use-case scenario. Could you elaborate on what you're looking to achieve between your vendor and you?

• liezlliezl Member Posts: 3

Hello @BarsinA :)
    I have the same question on this side.

I get a 20% discount from my supplier. This allows me to charge my clients the recommended retail price while still marking it up with 20%. When I add the products to an invoice, I need the normal retail price to show, not the w/sale price I'm paying.

Also on this...
    I must capture the supplier invoice, and add project expenses. This will allow me to see profit.

edited July 9, 2020
  • mhammadlatifACCAmhammadlatifACCA Member Posts: 37

Correctly identified by @BarsinA

Guys you will need to create a new item, enter a negative value which will be manually calculated.

Double Entry:
    This will reduce your Accounts Payable (a debit entry) and Credit entry to the expense account (you can also choose a liability, asset etc. in this field) tagged to that item.

edited July 14, 2020
  • KiruiKirui Member Posts: 3

is that a proper treatment of discounts ,other than purchase discounts as other income and sales discount as expense

• FlopbotFlopbot Member Posts: 27

For anyone who happens to find this string, note that Wave has since added an Invoice Discount feature to the invoice! So, you don't have to add a -$ line the the invoice.