Estimate numbering doesn't pick up the last sequence anymore

HeleneHelene Member Posts: 3

Hi!

We have changed our estimate numbering system in 2020 but it still picks up the numbers for 2019 when we create a new one. Is there a way I can "force" Wave to use the new system? We have to manually change every estimate now which is a little tedious.

Basically in 2019 we had 2019001, 2019002 etc... Now its supposed to be 2020001, 2020002... etc... But Wave continues with the 2019 pattern, though we have created a couple of new estimates in 2020 already. It doesn't pick the new numbering system.

I hope there is a way to change this... Thank you!

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Helene . The invoice/estimate numbering pattern will always take the largest number ever used in the past and increment that by one. For example, if you create an invoice or estimate (let's say 0019) and it's the largest number you've used, the digit at the end of the sequence will increase by 1 to 0020. If you add letters, the final digit will always increase by one as well (Name 0021, etc.), and letters cannot be customized (i.e. the same letters will carry over in the next invoice).

Can you confirm that you have an invoice in the system that is a higher number than your highest 2019 number?

• HeleneHelene Member Posts: 3

Thank you! That solved it. I just had to add a few 0 to the new pattern so it would be higher than the last 2019 quote. Now its working just fine.