What do I need to get started with Wave Payroll?

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageWhat do I need to get started with Wave Payroll?

Starting from scratch can be a pain, but when it comes to getting started with Wave Payroll, we’ve got you covered! Below, you can find a checklist of all the things you’ll need to have in front of...

Read the full story here

edited January 29, 2020 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• BenjaminLemonsBenjaminLemons Member Posts: 1

There is a ton of information needed that isn't found on the W4. This is misleading and I am in hell trying to set this up and can't get a response from Wave. RESPOND.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @BenjaminLemons! It looks like you've been in touch with our Support team. If you have further questions they will be happy to continue supporting you!

• Colleen1Colleen1 Member Posts: 3

You actually need a lot of very specific state information (tax rates etc.) and it doesn't mention any of that here, and there are no links on the form to show you how/where to find it like in the federal info section. Easier if you've already run payroll and have tax docs, not so easy if you're setting up a company's very first payroll.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Colleen1

Thanks for this feedback! Our tax service states do require a bit more information versus our non-tax service states. Wave chat support team is there for you during your onboarding stages. If you select the little question mark :grey_question: at the bottom of your account you should be able to get assistance from our payroll tax team to help you fill in the correct information when filling this out!

• ScottWeaverScottWeaver Member Posts: 1

Hello, I am trying to hire 2 employees very soon, and would like to setup a payroll & onboarding system before they are hired. However, since I do not already have any employees on my payroll, I am kind of stuck; the payroll setup requires me to enter employees in order to finish. Advice? Thanks!

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @ScottWeaver , you should be able to push past adding employees to move on to the next steps. Let me know if you're having trouble with it!

• wcvdmwcvdm Member Posts: 3

I want to create a payroll, but do not live in the US or Canada.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @wcvdm ! I'm afraid that our Wave Payroll feature is only available for North American businesses at this time. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• choksbergchoksberg Member Posts: 2

when I fill out the tax profile, it says there is an error, but nothing is highlighted so I don't know whats wrong

Hello @choksberg !

I'm sorry to hear that. Does the error provide any other information? Do you mind sending me a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end? This will allow me a better understanding of the issue at hand.

Also, feel free to check out our tax profile Help Center article here: Complete your tax profile. It may come in handy.

edited February 26, 2021
  • clearskiesenterpriseclearskiesenterprise Member Posts: 1

I am trying to switch my payroll account from my personal to my business checking, it is not allowing me to do that. And I did not anticipate when I added my business banking info that it would automatically add my personal account instead of my business account....help

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @clearskiesenterprise , can you submit a ticket to our Support team so they can give you some personalized support considering your request may include confidential info surrounding your bank account? The more information you can provide in your request surrounding what exactly the issue you're having is trying to change your bank account - the better.

edited March 9, 2021
  • SteveShore99SteveShore99 Member Posts: 1

I cannot authorize my Direct Deposit. It keeps coming up with an error

Hey @SteveShore99 !

It looks like you need some assistance with your direct deposit application. I noticed that you also submitted some ticket requests to our support team. I have since notified our support team about your case and one of our agents will assist you with this directly via your ticket request as soon as possible. In the meantime, please keep an eye on your email inbox. :smile: