What browsers does Wave support?

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageWhat browsers does Wave support?

We want you to experience everything Wave has to offer, and to do so securely. To ensure that you’re having the best possible experience in Wave, we limit our support to modern web browsers.
Wave s...

Read the full story here

edited February 2, 2020 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• gracenote3gracenote3 Member Posts: 5

I have the appropriate versions of Safari and Firefox. Even so, after I've viewed 1-5 pages, the pages invariably start loading as text only. Sometimes I can clear the cache and reload wtih good results; other times I can even close out the browser, clear cache, reopen, and I STILL get a text-only page. It's so tedious to do all this extra work just to see my content! Please help.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @gracenote3 , there's a few extra troubleshooting steps that we can try here. Can you try accessing through Chrome, and if that doesn't work, through Incognito Mode?

If that still doesn't work, please try the following network troubleshooting issues:

1. If you're using a VPN, please disable it.
    2. Please power-cycle your modem and/or router. A great article that walks you through how to do this, and why it helps is available here: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-properly-restart-a-router-modem-2624570.
    3. Try connecting to a different network. The fastest way to do this is usually to tether to your mobile device.
    4. Try disabling your antivirus software, or adding waveapps.com to your antivirus whitelist.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, please let us know and we can take a further look.

• gracenote3gracenote3 Member Posts: 5

That's interesting that the modem and/or router would affect this. I did just get a new internet service AND installed an operating system update, as well as turned off browser add-ons, and so far I've not experienced the problem (fingers crossed).

• ScottAtWellSpringScottAtWellSpring Member Posts: 2

I use a Pixel 2XL running Android 10. Why isn't the Receipts by Wave app available in the Play store for me, if it's compatible with Android 5 and up?

• TT_Maduguma01TT_Maduguma01 Member Posts: 1

Hi, i am using chrome version 80 and when i login , the system only display the dashboard and the menu on the left i cannot access. Please assist

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @ScottAtWellSpring

You're able to download the android version of receipts here: https://www.waveapps.com/receipts#subnavigation-22086

Hi @TT_Maduguma01

There may be a few issues causing this:

1. Can you try clearing your browsing data (cache/cookies)
    2. Sometimes browser add-ons can cause issues with Wave's accounting software, would you might trying an incognito window or disabling your browser plug-ins to give this a try?
    3. Also there could be network/firewall/VPN issues that may cause communication errors. Would you mind disabling those temporarily to see if you're able to access your full Wave account?
  • ScottAtWellSpringScottAtWellSpring Member Posts: 2

Gotcha. I was just wondering why it wasn't in Google's Play Store. I was able to download the app APK and side load it.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @ScottAtWellSpring

Our Receipts app was built to support Android hardware with 32 bit architectures. The current version doesn't have 64 bit support, which prevents it from meeting a hard requirement for distribution in the Google Play Store. We've decided in the interim, we've decided to host the app ourselves in order to have the flexibility of providing bug fixes and security updates for existing users. We are looking at rolling out a new Receipt scan experience with 64 bit support which would replace the existing Receipts app once available.

• SamwiseSamwise Member Posts: 1

I have a mac with yosemite 10.10.5. Is there any way for me to keep using Wave?

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@Samwise Wave mostly relies on the having the most updated browsers, having up to date on software does improve the Wave experience and we have noticed that users who have older software tend to experience more issues with Wave. If you're experiencing any specific issues, feel free to send us an email and we can guide you through some troubleshooting!

edited April 2, 2020
  • sandromondosandromondo Member Posts: 1

Wave no longer supports Chrome 65.0.
    To ensure that Wave works as you expect, download the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
    Mac: 10.9.5
    Chrome: Your browser i Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)s not supported
    Completed power-cycle of modem and/or router.
    What is going on?

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@sandromondo Are you able to clarify why you believe that Wave doesn't support Chrome 65.0? Is there an error that you are seeing when you try to access Wave? If you can provide screenshots of what you are seeing, this may be helpful for us to assist with troubleshooting!

• EMCEEEMCEE Member Posts: 1

Hi I've had 2 complaints this week that payment links created in Wave app are not displaying the fields which enable customers to enter their credit card details, just a large white box at the top of the page. In both cases they opened the link in Internet Explorer. Is there any fix for this please?

• AccountsProAccountsPro Member Posts: 103 ✭✭

Excellent, thanks.

• JoyJJoyJ Member Posts: 3

Dashboard not loading!! Circle won't stop spinning!!

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @JoyJ , there could be a couple of reasons for this. What browser are you using when accessing Wave? Wave supports the latest Chrome, Firefox and Edge browsers so I'd recommend ensuring that you are on one of these browsers.
    If that doesn't work, it could be an issue with your network settings. Try the following steps:
    1. If you're using a VPN, please disable it.
    2. Please power-cycle your modem and/or router. A great article that walks you through how to do this, and why it helps is available here: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-properly-restart-a-router-modem-2624570.
    3. Try connecting to a different network. The fastest way to do this is usually to tether to your mobile device.
    4. Try disabling your antivirus software, or adding waveapps.com to your antivirus whitelist.

Let us know if you're still having issues!

• JoyJJoyJ Member Posts: 3

All of these "fixes" are making Wave more and more inconvenient, and less easy to navigate.

• AutopartsmanAutopartsman Member Posts: 1

Not having any luck trying out this receipt app. I have tried downloading from the google play store and I have tried downloading from a wave download button. either way does not work but they both have different issues.

• KristenVKristenV Member Posts: 121 admin

Hi @Autopartsman , I'm sorry to hear that you are having some trouble downloading Wave's Receipts mobile app. Currently, the app is not available on the Google Play Store but you are able to download it using our QR code through this link to Wave's website.