Options

Import of individual bank transactions

drkent3drkent3 Member Posts: 11

We use Chase for our business banking, and the only method for downloading statements is to receive a PDF. At some point earlier this year, the automatic importing of bank transactions was turned off, so there are two weeks of transactions (Jan 9 thru Jan 28) that did not get imported. Since we had light activity those two weeks, there were only a dozen or so transactions. If we had a CSV file, we could filter out the transactions already in the system. Having the ability to import specific transactions from a statement would make life simpler - or even better, an option to import transactions by date (with ability to select/deselect individual transactions).

Comments

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @drkent3, thanks for reaching out here! A large bank like Chase should have the ability to export your accounting data as a CSV file. However, this type of export is often harder to find than exporting a PDF. If you do find you need to export a CSV of your transactions in the future, I recommend searching in your online banking portal for 'download account activity' or 'export reporting/accounting data'. This should allow you to export in various file types, one of them being CSV. I'm sorry that your connection was temporarily down so you missed some transactions. I really like your feature suggestion that the transaction importing feature could have some tools that allow you to import specific transactions or include a date range. Hopefully this is something we can work on in the future!