Internal Server Error When Customers Making Payments

HillwalkToursHillwalkTours Member Posts: 2

Our customers are getting and internal server error when making payment on a Wave Invoice. Is this happening anyone else?

Comments

• HillwalkToursHillwalkTours Member Posts: 2

Sample image of what I mean. I've taken the card details out for obvious reasons, but I can confirm that all details were correct when attempting payment.

• NukeNuke Member Posts: 2

I can report that I have at least one client has the same issue:

• mattkletzingmattkletzing Member Posts: 1

Hello! I had the same problem. Are you both using Payments by Wave? If so, if you log in to your Stripe account, then you should be able to find more details about why there was an error. In my case, it was because the payment was declined by the customer's bank, but there are a lot of other reasons why it might have been declined, too. Wave doesn't pass through all these reasons from Stripe -- they just say "Internal Server Error". Seems like a big oversight on their part!

• DapperTyDapperTy Member Posts: 1
    My customers are beginning to have this exact same issue as well...
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @DapperTy @Nuke @HillwalkTours

I'd highly recommend checking out @mattkletzing post above for a bit more info! This is likely a stripe issue and they will be able to diagnose your payment error.

@mattkletzing said:
    Hello! I had the same problem. Are you both using Payments by Wave? If so, if you log in to your Stripe account, then you should be able to find more details about why there was an error. In my case, it was because the payment was declined by the customer's bank, but there are a lot of other reasons why it might have been declined, too. Wave doesn't pass through all these reasons from Stripe -- they just say "Internal Server Error". Seems like a big oversight on their part!

• NukeNuke Member Posts: 2

I looked into it via my login to Stripe directly, and no errors or declines were recorded there at all.

• webABCswebABCs Member Posts: 1

Is Wave actively working on this as I just had a customer report to me that they were unable to make their payment because they were getting an internal server error.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Nuke and @webABCs, if you guys would like, you're more than welcome to reach out to me with your business name as well as the email associated with your business, and I can try my best for us!

• Von123Von123 Member Posts: 1
    I’m having the same issue. My client is receiving a note that says “internal service error” When paying with a credit card.
    edited March 19, 2020
  • ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Von123! I can see that you'd reached out to the support team in a ticket, and it looks like Carlo has sent you a reply as of yesterday :) Glad he could help you sort that out!

• reconfigurereconfigure Member Posts: 2

Having the same issue, support is telling me to clear cache , cookies, use incognito.

Said that wasnt' the problem. They looked into it further.

Ah yes, I can see you've tried it four times. You're right - lately for some reason, error codes are coming up internal server error rather than payment error
    In this case it's an error from the credit card company
    Abbey avatar
    Do Not Honor (Code: 349)
    The card was declined because the issuing bank has placed a temporary hold on it

5-Digit zip match, address no match (Code: 10)

Wave needs to fix their error codes.