First bank transactions stopped importing, then WAVE accused me of not paying back an Advance.

CultureGapCultureGap Member Posts: 15

It's really sad to see such a great company and platform devolve within the last 6 months. It was such a joy to use and helped me as a small biz owner immensely.

Then in January, in the middle of the busiest month for getting taxes and W-2 and 1099s ready, they announced a new platform Plaid for importing transactions, which prevented us, and many others, from importing transactions at all because we can no longer connect to our banks and credit cards.

Now I just woke up to an accusatory email demanding I pay back $1224 advance or they'll suspend my account. The WAVE rep didn't even bother to look at our Advance history, which shows all advances paid. Btw, that feature was a life saver and godsend for cash flow and sorry that feature went away (soon after WAVE got acquired by H&R Block).

WAVE has become so unprofessional and no longer the supportive platform I so valued as a small biz owner. If you're consider it as a new customer, beware.

If you're a frustrated user like me, I would love suggestions on alternatives that aren't as complex as Quickbooks.

edited March 30, 2021 in Technical Support

Comments

• wv223cwv223c Member Posts: 2

If you find out a better solution and not as complex as Quickbooks, please let me know and I'll do the same. They no longer even answer posts, or respond to support tickets. I noticed they don't even give you a ticket number, nor can you see a status on what you've submitted. They have truly turned their backs on customers.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @CultureGap @wv223c

I apologize that your banks have not been included in the migration with our new bank connection partner. I understand that this can be very frustrating and feels like we've abandoned you. I will clarify a few things about your post.

• Mainly we decided to move forward with this for security reasons. We know that plaid had a more secure and reliable platform and their support was quite reliable as well.
    • I understand that your connection particularly has been affected, again, for that I apologize.
    • We have alternatives when it comes to uploading your transactions in Wave. Please see these two links: WAVE CONNECT and CSV uploader
    • My apologies about the invoice advance issue. We briefly dove into the money crediting realm and decided that this was not the best fit for Wave. The decision to remove this feature was made prior to the acquisition.

I appreciate you reaching out about this on our community and hope that you feel like you can do so again if you have any upcoming issues with your Wave account.

• waxoxowaxoxo Member Posts: 3

I agree, no support for people what so ever! I sent two requests and none were answered

• CliftonClifton Member Posts: 19 ✭✭

WAVE, Develop your own bank connections first! The WaveApp's weakest and most annoying defeciency is bank imports. Capital One does not import, Hancock Bank, does not import, Chase is two-three days behind with the 'new' integrator. STOP and fix what features you have that are broken! Please.

The bank connector company needs to add to their capacity to handle getting ALL transactions daily, not every couple of days. I don't care how good of a deal or whatever business-political decision was made, but when it doesn't work, free isn't even a good deal.