Sending A Receipt

TeekTeek Member Posts: 23

Hi @AlexL @Brian @Mikeg @BarsinA @EmmaP

Is there a way for me to send an invoice receipt after a client has paid to send a complete receipt of the payment. by this i mean, i usually allocate a payment for different products to different accounts for the same invoice,

for example
i sell books A, B, & C. a customer orders all books A, B, & C
each book is treated as an account on its own, so when a customer pays the full invoice, i apportion the payment to each book account accordingly.. Now the issue is i don't want to send each receipt for each book account, i want to send the receipt as one complete invoice.

Please assist with this

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@Teek,
    One of the admins can chime in here. But I would think that if all the books are on once invoice, then when it's paid, you can send a receipt showing that invoice is paid. If you are issuing a different invoice for each book then I do not think you can accomplish sending one receipt from Wave for all invoices.

• TeekTeek Member Posts: 23
    @Mikeg
    All the books will be on one invoice. When I record a payment for one book, it prompts me on whether I want to send a receipt, which I then cancel because I want to send one collective invoice after I've recorded payment for the other 2 books by entering their portion of payment which when I've recorded all three, the invoice would have been fully paid. However my challenge is, there is no one button for sending a whole invoice, there are 3 buttons which are for the 3 individual payments in the 1 invoice...

So my question is, is there no way to send of sending the one sum total of the 1 fully paid invoice?
    > @Teek said:
    > @Mikeg @AlexL @Brian @Mikeg @BarsinA @EmmaP
    > All the books will be on one invoice. When I record a payment for one book, it prompts me on whether I want to send a receipt, which I then cancel because I want to send one collective invoice after I've recorded payment for the other 2 books by entering their portion of payment which when I've recorded all three, the invoice would have been fully paid. However my challenge is, there is no one button for sending a whole invoice, there are 3 buttons which are for the 3 individual payments in the 1 invoice...
    >
    > So my question is, is there no way to send of sending the one sum total of the 1 fully paid invoice?
    >
    >

@Teek,
    After the last book is paid and prompts you to send a receipt of payment, wouldn't that show all of them paid? I would try and create an invoice to yourself and send. Make the various payments and send the receipt to yourself to see what it all looks like.

@Mikeg
    Oh alright I've just tried that. So the receipts will be individual, but the Invoice itself will be complete showing all the individual payments made, it makes sense to me as the operator of the accounting system. Won't it confuse the client though,

When they see a receipt with less than the amount they paid, they would have to open or follow the invoice link to see the actual fully paid invoice. They might wonder why the payments are split when they paid the entire amount in full.

@Teek,
    I think someone would understand that if they are only making partial payments and not paying in full at once why they would see it broken down. Also, wouldn't you just send a receipt once it is fully paid? I would think at that point it would show the invoice paid.

It does make sense to send when it's fully paid. Most of my clients pay in full, but my challenge as I mentioned above is that I apportion the payment into separate accounts which represent a book title as an account on its own.

So when I do record the payments and apportion them, I don't send the receipts, I skip till I've fully apportioned the whole amount, but when I want to send the receipt to the customer when I'm done recording each apportioned payment, I have to choose one receipt to send to the customer as there will be several, there is no option to send one complete receipt.

So when I do select one receipt to send it will show up in their inbox that they paid so much, "which is not the complete amount"

For them to see the fully paid invoice they would have to follow the invoice link to see that it was fully paid, however the amounts are apportioned.

@Teek
    I'm going to let one of the admins chime in. @AlexL @Brian @BarsinA @EmmaP
    I'm more of an accounting and tax expert and not as much as to the nuances of the software. But since to reached out to me I thought I'd give it a try.

Thank you for your help @Mikeg much appreciated..
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Teek

Sorry for the delay in our reply as we're dealing with a major backlog at the moment.

Essentially your receipt will only show a partial payment made to the invoice. A receipt is tide to a single invoice as a whole, not the product. So if your books are $50 each, and books A,B,C cost $150, but a client only pays $50. Your receipt will only be for the partial payment of $50/$150. It will show the balance still.

The only way to separate these is to create separate invoices for each book.

I'm a bit unclear on what you mean by apportioning the payment into separate accounts which represent a book title as an account on its own. Could you kindly expand upon this?

If each book title is a separate account couldn't you achieve this by separating them on separate invoices still? This would allow you to separate your books to different accounts while sending separate receipts. Also don't forget that if you create three separate invoices, 3 x $50, and your client gives you $150, you can split that income transaction and categorize that total income to three separate invoices.