Invoice nos not in order- Invoice No and Date wise

aashi_infosystems19aashi_infosystems19 Member Posts: 8

Till Yesterday it was ok, but today my invoice No. order changed, BInvoice No. and date are not in continuous order.

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @aashi_infosystems19 , you can click the the Name option at the top of your Invoices page to change it to alphabetical order or you can click Date to order it by when the invoice itself was created.

• aashi_infosystems19aashi_infosystems19 Member Posts: 8

I am unable to find the NAME or DATE option in invoice.
    it is add a customer and invoice date only. Can you share the screenshot where i can find the options.

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@aashi_infosystems19 Here's a screenshot from my test account for you. As a note, the "Name" option is actually labeled as Customer.

• Yama_NYama_N Member Posts: 21

I am having an invoice sorting issue. I always sort by Date (descending order) but now the invoice numbers are not in descending order. Today is the first time I noticed this issue.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Yama_N! The reason for this looks like it's because you've clicked into the 'All Invoices' tab, which will include the drafts that you haven't sent yet. If you navigate to 'Unpaid' and sort by date, do those invoice numbers line up a little better? I'm thinking that might do the trick!

Thank you so much for your response @ConnorM. I tried your suggestion and the same problem is present. Even under unpaid invoices sorted by date, the invoice numbers are not in chronological order from when it was created. I have been a wave user for several years so I know something changed in the last 2 months or so.

• QaisEQaisE Member Posts: 72 admin

Hi @Yama_N, thanks for following up on that! It could be that your invoices are sorted by the last time they were edited on that date. If you were to draft three invoices on the same date, for example, and edit the first one you created last, then I assume that it would be considered the newest invoice when you sort by date in a descending order. If you'd prefer that your invoices are sorted by Invoice Number, you can always descend by Number at the top of the list as well. I hope that helps!

Thank you QaiseE for your response. I am a daily WAVE use for the past 4 years (give or take). I spend about 5-6 hours a day on your website. I will safely assume no major changes have been applied to your website as I believe it would have been mentioned by now. So I know something has changed, and it could be a local issue (on my account or server). But with 100% certainty, I know something has changed. I will post 2 screenshots for your reference. I have not changed anything on my end, and I continue to use the website the same way I have daily. Something has happened with the invoice ordering by date & number.

I just tried to test your theory on editing an invoice to see if the ordering gets changed by this, but nothing was effected.

Also, I am aware that I can sort by jobs via invoice numbers, but some of my files are work order, and when ordering by the number category, for me it is not an option I can utilize without changing my existing work orders.

Stay safe out there!

edited April 7, 2020
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Yama_N

Thanks for these screenshots. It doesn't appear to be a change from Wave but potentially a localized issue. In my test account you can see that when I select ordering under specific categories, the arrow moves.

Judging by your screenshots these arrows remain on the date only. Can you try selecting these? Are they switching correctly?

@BarsinA thank you so much for your response. Actually, there was a system technical issue. This issue was resolved as of yesterday. Thank you anyways. I have included a screen-shot. Ironically I reported this issue back in February of 2020, and it wasn't until Kamala.P got involved that the issue was understood, escalated and solved.

Have a great day, stay safe out there!