Options

Unable to save invoice

Jono_Ross29Jono_Ross29 Member Posts: 1
Hi there,

I have just started using Wave and I am trying to create an invoice but whenever I go to save or preview it it comes up with the following:

“Unable to save invoice, validation error”

Could someone help with this? I’m sure I’m doing something minor wrong!

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Jono_Ross29

To be honest this sounds like a potential browser issue.

A lot of the time, this can be fixed by tweaking some things in your internet browser. Wave supports the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. We'd also recommend that you try using Wave with browser extensions disabled. If you have Chrome, try opening up an incognito window, logging into your Wave account, and try again (or if you have Firefox, open a private browsing window).

If that doesn't work, you may also need to clear your cache and cookies. You can read more about the browsers we support, and how to troubleshoot issues for your individual browser HERE. If you are still having problems or if you have any other questions, please get in touch.

• Options
    UgochiUgochi Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I’m trying to send an invoice but each time I Vic on the send button, a red banner pops up with the message, validation error. What am I doing wrong?
  • Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Ugochi

Typically the reason that an invoice may have trouble sending is because of a unique character you may have entered (i.e #%^&*@/) these types of symbols may cause your invoice not to be able to send correctly!

Scan through your invoice and let me know if anything jumps out then delete it and try saving it again.

• Options
    ShannaShanna Member Posts: 0
    When I try to save my invoice it comes up with unable to save, validation error?
    edited November 10, 2020
  • Options
    EjunLowEjunLow Member Posts: 1

Hi there,

I've been unable to save new invoiced created. It simply hangs and sometimes the Save and Continue button is greyed out. Please help!

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Shanna , can you take a screenshot of the products that you have added to your invoice?

• Options
    Noura_Alnoaimi9Noura_Alnoaimi9 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I’m trying to send my customer an invoice (the same way I have the last 3 years) through the invoice app but it keeps giving me the same error message. “Unable to save invoice. Validation error.”

The invoice is unable to save or send.

What could be the problem?
    edited November 18, 2020
  • Options

Hi @EjunLow , what browser are you using to access Wave? Wave works best with Chrome and Firefox, so please switch your browser and try using either. If you're already using one, try the other.

Let me know if this helps. If it doesn't, please provide screenshots of what you're seeing when it hangs.

Hi @Noura_Alnoaimi9 , can you send screenshots of all of your products listed on the invoice? Thanks!

• Options
    Noura_Alnoaimi9Noura_Alnoaimi9 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Alex,

Thank you for your reply.

Im using it through the ‘invoices’ application, not on a browser.

Typically the number of products/items on my invoice average 4-6 items. Still fits on one page.

How do I upload a screenshot?
    edited November 25, 2020
  • Options

Hi @Noura_Alnoaimi9 If you take a screenshot on your phone, you can click the image button above the comment field to upload a photo.

What is the quantity of the items that you have on your invoice? IS it just 1 each?

edited December 9, 2020
  • Options
    ProsurfaceProsurface Member Posts: 2
    Need help with app no validation error. Won’t save or send
  • Options
    ProsurfaceProsurface Member Posts: 2
    In the app, t will not save or send or save invoice. Validation error, how o you fix it?