Unable to edit payment for an invoice

Matt_FMatt_F Member Posts: 5

I'm receiving this error when trying to edit a payment:
"Oops! There was an issue with editing your payment. Please try again."

I have an invoice in Wave, had the payment (a check deposit) from a linked bank account (with Azlo) get imported, and categorized that transaction as the payment for that invoice. When I go to that invoice and hit Edit Payment, I tried setting the Payment Method (which is blank by default) to Check, and received the error above.

The transaction date is set to 2/13 (the date it showed up in my bank account's transaction list), and Wave says was imported on 2/14. I wondered if Wave was blocking me from editing a payment more than a day old, so I set the transaction's date to 2/14 but still receive the error.

I also tried removing the payment, then recording a payment manually and setting it to a Check at that point so it was saved. When I went to Transactions, I can no longer categorize that payment as a payment for that invoice, because it's no longer outstanding and that's all Wave shows. Plus, even if that were a workaround, it's nice that Wave automatically records the payment when you pair/categorize a transaction as an invoice payment, so it'd be unfortunate to need the redundant second step just to say "Hey, this was paid with a check."

Is this a known issue? Something temporarily happening with the system? Thanks for your help!

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Matt_F

This is an odd error that you're experiencing. To tackle the second part of your post, if you mark the invoice as paid manually, you will not be able to categorize your bank imported transaction since a transaction is already generated and the invoice is marked as paid. You'll want to delete your bank imported transaction so as not to have duplicates.

In the meantime this would be the best method.

Have you had issues with other invoice payments and your bank imported transactions before? Is this a common issue on your account or is it just the one that occurred? Sometimes your bank import might actually imported a pending transaction (one that hasn't officially posted to your transactions page) and it could be an error on the import into Wave.

• Matt_FMatt_F Member Posts: 5

Hi @BarsinA , thanks for the reply and sorry it's taken me so long to get back. I was having this issue when trying to edit the payment details for multiple invoices. However, I just took a look again and it seems to be working correctly now (letting me save and not giving the error) in a few different scenarios:

• Setting the payment type when an invoice was paid with a transaction that was automatically imported from a linked bank
    • Setting the payment type when an invoice payment was manually recorded (from a check deposit into a bank account that's not linked, account set to Owner's Draw)
    • Works on both desktop & mobile

So, it looks like this is good to go! Thanks for the follow up :)

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey again @Matt_F

Glad to hear it. Reach out if you're still having issues :smile: