[Canada] Paying contractors with Wave: everything you need to know about T4A slips for contractors

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

image[Canada] Paying contractors with Wave: everything you need to know about T4A slips for contractors

A T4A slip is a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) form that summarizes all compensation your business has paid to a non-employee worker or contractor. Independent contractors use these forms to file thei...

Read the full story here

edited February 20, 2020 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• JosephPJosephP Member Posts: 1

Hello,

I need to file an amended T4A with the CRA due to a bug in the Wave system that included GST in the payment totals. How do I generate an amended T4A with Wave that allows one to use summary report type code "A" and slip report type code "A", as per the CRA's instruction? Note that I have spoke with CRA about this and was advised to contact Wave about the issue and that they would be able to to help with the matter. I had sent a Wave representative an email a few days ago, but have not yet received a response. The deadline for submission is fast approaching and a quick response would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @JosephP

I see that our payroll team has reached out to you regarding your T4A amendment. When it comes to this kind of matter I'd highly recommend reaching out over chat by selecting the help button at the bottom of your account or reaching out by ticket to our support team!