how to import transaction files

asriasri Member Posts: 4

i know that there is data export for all transaction in Excel or CSV file.

How then do i import data from Excel or CSV file onto Wave?

Comments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @asri! Thanks for reaching out! We have two methods you can use for uploading CSV files. I have listed them below.

1) Using our CSV uploader: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621626-Upload-a-bank-or-credit-card-statement-in-csv-format. With the proper formatting, you are able to download a CSV document containing all of your transactions from your online banking website, and upload them directly to Wave. Check out this article on Troubleshooting your csv upload: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208622596-What-to-do-if-Wave-can-t-read-your-statement-in-CSV-format if you run into any problems when uploading your transactions.

2) My personal favourite method is Wave Connect: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020768272-Wave-Connect-Easily-import-and-export-data-with-Wave-s-Google-Sheets-add-on-. Wave Connect allows you to upload or download transactional data, invoices, customer lists, etc, into a Google spreadsheet. Your excel files can be easily transferred into a Google Spreadsheet as well. All you need to do is input the transactional information into a template that is generated through the add-on feature in Google sheets and it auto-populates right into your Wave account once you've validated the data.

• asriasri Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for the input. I am thinking of saving the past year data from my Wave account for back up so that I can import it again later. I can do that with Bank transactions but how do it do it with the General Ledger etc.
  • JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@asri Are you referring to how can you export your reports? If so, most reports have the option to export within them or at the minimum to download them. Your general ledger will effectively be a list of all of your transactions just organized differently, so exporting the information, may actually get you the same information as exporting the general ledger.

Thank you for the pointer. What I am thinking of doing is to have a back up of one particular year and to export it into another seperate account.

here is what i want to do.. i want to upload all transactions from 2019 into another account, how do i do it? meaning the new account will start afresh with 2019 account only without 2018 and previous years account

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @asri

So there's a bit of manual work here. But you'll want to head to Settings (bottom left) > Data export > Download your transactions as CSV or Excel. Open the file up in excel and copy all the 2019 transactions into a separate spreadsheet. Export that and from there you'll be able to upload your transactions using the CSV transaction uploader