How to set a default business

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow to set a default business

When you create a Wave account with a business and a personal tab, or with multiple businesses, Wave will automatically choose which to show when you log in. If you would like to change where Wave ...

Read the full story here

edited February 24, 2020 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• RKARKA Member Posts: 2

I have few users who send receipts to be uploaded to my business. I've given them Edit access but looks like it gets uploaded to the personal business. Is there any way this feature could be made available to the people with the Edit access?

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @RKA! In general, an uploaded receipt will be imported to your 'primary' business. You can check which business is primary by clicking on Manage Your Profile > Businesses. The primary business will be indicated with a star. To change the primary business, click the start icon beside another business. Going forward receipts that are uploaded should appear in the 'primary' business you have set.

• pa_mccarthypa_mccarthy Member Posts: 4

I am a collaborator on a business, with Admin level permissions. Am I able to make this business my default? When I go to the settings, there is no "star" beside this business' name.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @pa_mccarthy . If you're a collaborator on a business, you can't make this the default business on your account.

edited May 13, 2020
  • murraymurray Member Posts: 18

Hi @AlexL
    I set up our business and then sent an invite to my wife who manages most of the accounts. I set her as a Partner / Co-owner, and then selected "Admin" (the highest possible security).
    When my wife logs in she is taken to her "Personal" account, not to the company. She doesn't want a personal account. How can we delete her "Personal" account? Or, how can we make the business I setup her default?

• murraymurray Member Posts: 18

Hi @AlexL
    Continuing from my previous question. I received some emails about invoices I had created becoming overdue. I found the location to turn off those email notifications, that's fine. However, my wife would like to receive those emails. How do we enable those emails to go to my wife's email account?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @murray! Thanks for reaching out here. At present, it is not possible for a collaborator to have your business set as their default login page. Your wife will need to swap to the business profile after each login. Also, collaborators would not be able to receive those overdue notices. I'm thinking as a workaround, you might want to switch them back on for your account, and then set up an email forwarding filter for those specific emails to be routed to your wife's email account.

• Ty_Ty_ Member Posts: 1

Here to follow up on what's been said before.
    Could the dev team please make it so that a collaborated business can be selected as default? Shouldn't that just be an option? From a user standpoint, I can't see how that would break anything in the code at all, so that it's not an option just seems like an oversight or perhaps some outdated view on how bookkeeping works.

Not an issue on my end, but in regards to the email thing that murray is dealing with, I'm sure it also wouldn't be too difficult to make it an option to add collaborators to the email recipients of notices as described there. I figure a lot of users will find their experience with Wave improved greatly with these two simple features.