Incorrect Items added and now are shown as income accounts on paid invoices - How to fix?

BullRun4x4BullRun4x4 Member Posts: 1

Someone in my shop added a bunch of random items as income accounts when we like to use one income account for all "Parts" and simply put each part description in the description field rather than inventorying the Items. We do this because no two parts are ever the same and I don't want an Items list with 40,000 entries in it. The customer signed off on the estimate and then invoice then paid via WaveApps online. Now I'm trying to clean up this mess and have a list of random parts in the items list instead of the one income account of just "parts" listed as it used to be. How can I fix this??

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @BullRun4x4, thanks for reaching out here. Unfortunately, when an income account is associated with a product, and that invoice is paid via Wave Payments, that invoice's product is locked into that income account. You can update the income account for the product for future invoicing, but there would be no way to retroactively delete those income accounts now that they're associated with that paid invoice. I'm sorry for the inconvenience here.