Options

More on Split Transactions

SnailSnail Member Posts: 1

There are been a few posts on the reduced functionality with split transactions, namely the inability to include expense categories in a deposit. I have just started using wave, set up my starting balances, entered some basic transactions and then came to entering data from my property manager. Their deposit is a net amount that includes income (rent) and expenses (fees, repairs, etc.).
The fact that it is not possible to enter all the line items, both income and expenses, into a split deposit is a show stopper for me. I like the user interface and the fact that it's free for basic stuff but I'll be returning to my previous software unless this is addressed. It is an absolutely essential feature of any accounting software.

Comments

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Snail! Thanks for reaching out here. What you could consider doing here would be to create an account under Income in your Chart of Accounts, under the Discounts header. Alternatively, you could create one under the Expense section, beneath Payment Processing Fee. When you split a transaction, if you search for Discounts and Fees for a split portion of it, it will bring up these accounts that you have created. This will then let you enter a negative line item within that transaction for whichever cost associated with that deposit. Hope this helps.