Options

Estimates expiring

ArtstreeserviceArtstreeservice Member Posts: 3

A few weeks ago the estimates began expiring the same day I write them. This is very annoying. It used to be that they would expire in the same amount of time as you set your invoices to expire. I have my invoices set to expire in 30 days and my estimates used to expire in thirty days as well. Now I need to manually change the expiration date for every invoice I write! This is very inconvenient. Writing estimates is a huge part of conducting my business and if they are inconvenient I will be looking for other software.

Comments

• Options
    sonoleesonolee Member Posts: 0

would anyone know if there is a way to set estimate expiration for say 30 days out rather than having to select the date each time?

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @sonolee! That's unfortunately not currently available as a feature in Wave, but I've moved your post into our Feature Ideas section of the community in order for it to be considered for future implementation!

• Options
    jumpcomjumpcom Member Posts: 4

Ditto. Would appreciate if it we're give the option to set the expiry of the Estimates and Invoices separately.

• Options

This feature used to be available till recently.

• Options

Hey @jumpcom, @sonolee, and @Artstreeservice! Just following up here to own up to a mistaken comment I'd made in another thread. I've merged those two threads, why is why you're seeing both of your comments in one place now, jumpcom. Sorry about the confusion!

I've just checked into this in my test account and recognized the issue you're looking at here. Having the expiry date be the same day definitely seems like it'd be a bit of a detriment to a seamless workflow, and I'm going to be following up with my development teams to see what can be done. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

• Options

Hey all. Just triple checked in my test account, changed the Settings > Invoice Customization page to have my default payment terms set to 'Due within 30 days', and created a new estimate. That estimate's due date is now in that 30 day period - are any of you seeing differently?

• Options

@ConnorM said:
    Hey all. Just triple checked in my test account, changed the Settings > Invoice Customization page to have my default payment terms set to 'Due within 30 days', and created a new estimate. That estimate's due date is now in that 30 day period - are any of you seeing differently?

Nope. Can't say that's working for me. Just tried and the expiry date is still the same as the estimate date. Any chance I'm missing out on something else? Cos, it's the same system that runs from the same server yet you're getting something else than I.

• Options
    Connor,
    It used to be that when I set my invoice expiration date to 30days it would automatically set my Estimate date to 30days as well. This all changed a few months ago and now there is no way of setting a default expiration date for Estimates.
  • Options

Hey @jumpcom and @Artstreeservice, these are definitely strange times. Could I ask that each of you upload a screenshot of the default invoice settings from the 'Invoice Customization' page within your Wave accounts? I'd love to see what you're seeing.

• Options

Starting today the problem has been resolved. I don't know how, I didn't do anything differently, but now when I go to write up an estimate it defaults the expiration date to match the invoice expiration date.
    Thanks for the help.

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Artstreeservice & @jumpcom! That is my mistake, I had seen this thread and escalated to our internal teams to see if this was a bug. They resolved the issue yesterday so now the default payment terms for estimates should update as they would for invoices.

• Options

Yay. That's awesome. Thank you so very much for sorting this out.

Cheers.

BTW, I've just tested it and it works again.

• Options
    ClarkMcFlyClarkMcFly Member Posts: 1

It only works when you're creating a new estimate. But when you try to duplicate an estimate, the creation and expiration dates are just the same

• Options
    SignshopSignshop Member Posts: 1

Would it be possible to have a 30 day on the estimate and still keep the invoice side at due upon receipt? If I invoice due upon receipt, all my estimates are expired and are worthless