Options

I just had a recurring invoice send to a customer's old email address. How can I update this?

Clif4ditoClif4dito Member Posts: 1

Last year one of my customers asked that I update her email address in Wave so that all future invoices would be sent to the new email. I did that and all of the non-recurring invoices that I've sent since then have sent to the new email just fine.

Then, on the March 1st, Wave sent out her recurring invoice and this was sent to the old email address. This recurring invoice was initially set up before she changed her email, so I suspect there's a setting in there that's still sending to the old email address.

I checked the recurring invoice settings, but I can't see where I can update the email that this sends to. It's frustrating because it lists the customer name and email correctly in the recurring invoice, and when I click to view the invoice that was sent, the Bill To section shows the correct, new, customer email address.

What can I do here? Do I need to remove this recurring email and add a new one just to get it to send to the new email address? That doesn't seem right! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Clif4dito! Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry for the frustrations that you've seen around getting this recurring invoice sent to your customer's new email. Your suspicions are correct, however, in that you'd need to end the current recurring invoice schedule and create a new one for the same customer, in order to have that information update. I'm sorry for the inconvenience there!

• Options
    patyi888patyi888 Member Posts: 3

I had the same problem. This is really inconvenient but now I know I can workaround the problem.
    It would be nice if Wave at least warned you that you had to recreate any recurring invoice.

• Options

When I was trying to duplicate the current recurring invoice, I found that you can edit where you send it under "Send" which has the old email address. Wave should just link the send email address to the customer record.

• Options
    JessGJessG Member Posts: 54 admin

@patyi888 Thanks for your thoughts. Can you expand a little bit more to what you mean by "Wave should just link the send email address to the customer record" ? Do you mean that when changing the customer detail on the customer profile it should updated linked invoices ?

• Options

When the customer detail on the customer profile is changed, it should also update active recurring invoices not past invoices.

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @patyi888, thanks for your feedback here. We'll be sure to get this to the right place when considering future upgrades to the platform.