Refund received for a bill in Wave

amyjones12amyjones12 Member Posts: 2

Hey,
I overpaid a bill and then the vendor sent me a refund for the difference. In the transactions tab there are two lines - one that says Bill Payment Chequing in green for $173.76 that is assigned to that bill. Then underneath there is an internet banking mobile deposit line for the $173.76 and it wants me to chose a category. When I try to click on REfUND RECEIVED FOR A BILL IN WAVE it doesn't allow it. Any ideas? This is throwing my reconciliation off.
Amy

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @amyjones12! I'm sorry to hear about this discrepancy in the bill payment situation here! When you go to click on 'Refund Received for a Bill in Wave', are there any errors that come up, or does it simply not allow it? If you could send a screenshot of what that transactions page looks like on your end, that would help greatly as well!

• YvonneTYvonneT Member Posts: 3

Hi, sorry I had to attach a separate file to show you my issue. I have figured out how to pass a credit for a Bill that I paid and has now been credited by my Vendor. Now I need to process a refund back into my account for the value of the credit note. As you can see from the attached I get an error message but no explanation as to what I am doing wrong?? Please help

• JessGJessG Member Posts: 54 admin

@YvonneT Thank you for the screenshot. From the appearance of it, it seems like you're adding it correctly so just wanted to rule out some browser troubleshooting first before we can try anything else. We also recommend that you try using Wave with browser extensions disabled.

If that doesn't work, you may also need to clear your cache and cookies. You can read more about the browsers we support, and how to troubleshoot issues for your individual browser HERE: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019859712

Hope this helps clear things up!

• DigantJaniDigantJani Member Posts: 1

I am sorry but me too facing same issue. I am not able to make entry for refund received against purchase bill I paid.

I see same issue as screenshot (word document) uploaded above by Yvonne.

I tried clearing browsing history, cookies etc; of my chrome browser. But issue remains as it is.

I have also attached screenshot (capture.png) for my transaction.

Please review and let me know.

edited April 29, 2020
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @DigantJani

Unfortunately what your'e experiencing is a bug in our system at the moment. I'd highly recommend filing a ticket with our support team in order to have them investigate this further. They have the ability to escalate this to our developers in the instance that your account may be experiencing this issue! Thanks for your patience and understanding.

• reliantftreliantft Member Posts: 2

Same error here. Can't save it.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @reliantft! I can see that you spoke with one of our support representatives and were able to get the issue resolved. Let me know if you have any other questions!

• reliantftreliantft Member Posts: 2

@JamieD said:
    Hey @reliantft! I can see that you spoke with one of our support representatives and were able to get the issue resolved. Let me know if you have any other questions!

No, the "issue" wasn't resolved. I got tired of waiting and then just adjusted the original payment amount by the refunded amount and deleted the credit transaction. When someone finally reached out, I said 'nevermind'.

• JoyaJoya Member Posts: 15

Hello I have the same error. How do we fix this??

Hey there @Joya

My apologies you're encountering the same buggy issue as others. In this case, you may want to submit a ticket to our support team with some screenshots of the bill error you're seeing. They will need to raise a unique case to our developers in order to help troubleshoot the issue. The more info you can provide the better. Thanks so much!

• twestricktwestrick Member Posts: 9

I am also having the same issue here. I submitted a support ticket on 7/7 but still waiting to hear back. The backend is returning a 500. Is there any workaround for this?

UPDATE 7/10 - Wave got back to me and this is an existing bug which the developers are aware of.

edited July 14, 2020

Hey there @twestrick

We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention and also updating us with what the support team informed you about. We've escalated this to our team and we're hoping that a fix is deployed soon. Thanks for your patience.

• AntonyAntony Member Posts: 3

I'm having the same issue, unable to save "there was an error in saving"