DNS Error - Cloudflare

RustyRusty Member Posts: 3

Can't attach to WaveApps this morning. Says DNS error for Cloudflare. Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know when it will be resolved?

Rusty

edited March 31, 2021 in Technical Support

Comments

• rlhrlh Member Posts: 4

also having this issue when trying to upload a CSV from paypal (since wave seems to not sync paypal properly unless you tell it to save daily). this is what i got on the error page:

Why have I been blocked?
    This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@Rusty @rlh Thanks for reaching out about the Cloudfare related issues that you are noticing. As a note, Cloudfare is a partner that Wave uses to host the website. While Wave is unable to directly fix this issue (mainly because we are unable to fix another company's product), we are able to provide you with an alternative way to access Wave. Can you try navigating to: my.waveapps.com and see if you are able to log-in there instead?

edited March 17, 2020
  • RustyRusty Member Posts: 3

Thank any way Jordan. My message was from 5 days ago. It eventually resolved itself. Nothing like being 5 days late for an urgent question.

my understanding is that your servers are blocking us. so that has very much to do with your product functioning correctly. i cannot currently upload any CSV bank statements without getting blocked by your servers on Cloudflare.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @rlh, can you send a screenshot of what that looks like when you're attempting to upload those CSV statements in Wave? Do you have any type of scripts or SQL commands running whilst attempting to upload that CSV?

• IbiIbi Member Posts: 10

I have the exact same problem from Cloudflare. I've b

I had the same exact issue when trying to upload a CSV, blocked by cloudflare and now I can't use that feature at all. Please help me too? I have been trying to get in touch. This is kind of urgent as I want to switch from Freshbooks ASAP.

edited March 24, 2020
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Ibi , I'm copying + pasting what Connor asked for above as these should help us to figure out how to troubleshoot this.

Can you send a screenshot of what that looks like when you're attempting to upload those CSV statements in Wave? Do you have any type of scripts or SQL commands running whilst attempting to upload that CSV?

Alternatively, you can try using Wave Connect which should make it easier for you to get you bank statements into Wave. Check it out!

my issue was solved by cutting down the number of columns in my CSV. paypal was exporting about 30 or more columns of info and it seems like Wave/Cloudflare looked at that as spam or an attack. so if you go in and trim down your csv info, that might help.

@Ibi said:
    I had the same exact issue when trying to upload a CSV, blocked by cloudflare and now I can't use that feature at all. Please help me too? I have been trying to get in touch. This is kind of urgent as I want to switch from Freshbooks ASAP.

@AlexL said:
    Hey @Ibi , I'm copying + pasting what Connor asked for above as these should help us to figure out how to troubleshoot this.

Can you send a screenshot of what that looks like when you're attempting to upload those CSV statements in Wave? Do you have any type of scripts or SQL commands running whilst attempting to upload that CSV?

Alternatively, you can try using Wave Connect which should make it easier for you to get you bank statements into Wave. Check it out!

I've attached it here. I can't use Wave Connect because I'm not in one of your permitted markets.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hi @Ibi

As @rlh mentioned we may need to simplify the CSV by editing it a bit and trying again!
    You can follow the steps in this article on troubleshooting your CSV upload and perhaps we can try again. The columns should only include the following:

Ok - going to try that.

edited March 27, 2020

No difference - 3 columns and still blocked...

I've attached the screenshot I got.

Well formatted file, spent the last 1.3 hours preparing it - still getting rejected. It worked with some other CSVs, but that didn't have the data I needed.

The file is well formatted, spent the last hour preparing it. The upload worked with my personal account CSV, but this is a corporate account so that's not what I need... Any ideas? I've already read this article

@rlh said:
    my issue was solved by cutting down the number of columns in my CSV. paypal was exporting about 30 or more columns of info and it seems like Wave/Cloudflare looked at that as spam or an attack. so if you go in and trim down your csv info, that might help.

Thanks @rlh! Hopefully I can get like you soon as I'm still blocked even though I've trimmed to Wave's specs

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Ibi! At the very bottom of the article that you'd linked, there's a template CSV that might be helpful in sorting this. Also, you might want to try some of the browser troubleshooting steps here to see if that could be contributing to your issues!

See attached ------