Deleted transaction impacting account balance

NickMNickM Member Posts: 2

Hello,
I added a transaction for $142.97 (Accounting > Transactions), marked it as reviewed, and then deleted the transaction. Even though the transaction was deleted, it is impacting the ending account balance (Reports > Account Balances).

When I select the account name on that page (Reports > Account Balances > Checking Account), it takes me to the detail for that account and the ending balance displayed on that page is correct.

Im not sure why the ending balances are not in agreement or how to clear up this issue?

Thank you!

edited March 14, 2020 in Technical Support

Comments

• TalhaTalha Member Posts: 2

am having the same issue. the transactions page dont show any transactions but the balances page shows a negative balance. i may have deleted the transaction on the same day and re created with the same narration.
    the balances are also different. on the account balance page then when i click on the cash on hand from the same page the resultant page has a different balance.

• NickMNickM Member Posts: 2

@EmmaP @AlexL @JamieD
    Hi, adding admins to this thread in hopes of receiving help with fix. This is a condominium account. With a sale pending, it's critical that I find a fix for this. Thank you!

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @NickM and @Talha! Thanks for your patience here. I've taken a look into both of your situations, and in both cases it looks like there was some errant data in the back end that just needed some cleaning up. You should be all set within 45 minutes while the fix runs, if it hasn't already fixed your issue.

• TalhaTalha Member Posts: 2

Hi @ConnorM thanks yes my balance is now fixed!

• ErickrErickr Member Posts: 1

Hi @ConnorM, I have the same problem. My account in Balance Sheet shows:

While the transaction detail shows:

How can I fix this? Thanks

• StephanieKStephanieK Member Posts: 2
    Hi!
    Sorry this comment isn’t relevant to the OP but I’m new here so looking for help , please? I can’t see where I should post my question about my issue. I’ve looked through previous posts and can’t find any that deal with the issue I’m having.
    Thanks in advance for your help!
  • QaisEQaisE Member Posts: 72 admin

Hi @Erickr, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Much like the earlier cases, there was some errant data in the back end that just needed some cleaning up. You should be all set within 45 minutes while the fix runs, if it hasn't already fixed your issue. Your account balances should appear correctly in your Reports and Transaction Details going forward.

HI @StephanieK, that is not a problem at all! You could always post your question here, or you could create an entirely new post if you'd like. To do so, click Join the Discussion under the relevant topic on the main Community page, and on the righthand side of that page, select New Discussion to create a new post. I hope this helps!

• RamonMRamonM Member Posts: 3

I have the same issue... Please help @ConnorM @QaisE

Balance Sheet:

Bank Account Detail B......co:

Thanks in advance!

edited July 31, 2020
  • CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @RamonM , thanks for your message!
    I triggered a fix on your account, and it showed that your account was in need of this! The reports and accounts should be properly connected within 15-30 minutes, depending on how much data there was to resolve.

If, after that time the accounts are still off, please let us know and we can go from there.

• Emily05Emily05 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, @ConnorM and @CallieP, I deleted all transactions in one of my bank accounts,there are no transactions in it but it shows a balance in the reports... please help...
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Emily05 , I've made a small tweak on the back end to the way things were being displayed in your account and everything should be fixed within 15-30 mins.

Sorry for the inconvenience and let us know if you have any further questions!

• CFlowCFlow Member Posts: 2

Hi, @AlexL @CallieP my account have same issue, can you make a fix for me, thank you very much!