Printing? User accounts?

mistydawn118mistydawn118 Member Posts: 3

I'm fairly new to Wave and setting up an account for an existing business.
Why is there no ability to set an account for just making invoices? They would like their front office personnel to be able to input invoices as customers come in, however not give that person access to all their other accounting information.
I thought perhaps the mobile app would be a work around for this, however, there's no ability to print invoices/paid receipts from the mobile app.

These seem like basic and needed features? I can't be the only person?

Wave seemed like a good fit for this business, to get them off of using pen & paper for their accounting... however now it's looking like it's not going to work for them because of this issue. What's the point of having employees if you can't have them do your data entry?

Comments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @mistydawn118! If you are the owner of the Wave account and you would like other people to be able to add information but have limited access to other areas I recommend taking a look at this Wave guide on adding users to your account. There are different levels of access you can give to people, which the guide goes into!

• mistydawn118mistydawn118 Member Posts: 3
    @EmmaP I’ve read that, but it seems wave is missing the big picture....can you please advise which account can add invoices, but not access banking info? Because I’m not seeing one.

The owner would like employees to be able to enter invoices/sales but not see the company’s bank account transactions or bills.
    Which user account offers this?

Without an account like this is up to owner/manager to do all data entry because banking/transaction info should not be accessible by employees other than accounting/bookkeeping.
  • ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @mistydawn118, unfortunately, in order for employees to have the ability to enter invoices and sales, they'd also need access to the Accounting tab and everything within it, as the Editor permission type. There is currently no workaround to this, but we definitely appreciate your input and feedback.