Full Look at Recurring Invoicing

kalenthymekalenthyme Member Posts: 3

I am interested in using Wave's recurring invoicing, but I need to understand better how it works and what it looks like to me as well as to my customers. I'm interested in things like, 1) how do they get their payment information into the system and saved, 2) how do they change their payment information later, 3) what if they want to make changes to their subscription or add on items (or do I have to do this manually, 4) does it charge them automatically after a certain period of time, or do I need to mark the invoices I want to post? What does it look like in the email to the customer, and do I have control over how it appears? etc. etc. Could I see samples or other documentation? I didn't see everything I was hoping for in the Wave documents online.

Comments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @kalenthyme! Thanks for reaching out!

1. If you are using the automatic payments option then you can choose to use a previously saved credit card for a customer, or you can send them the invoice with automatic payments turned 'on' and they will have the ability to enter their credit card details themselves and if they choose to they can 'authorize' their credit card for future recurring payments.
    2. If they want to change their payment information you can edit this from the recurring invoice, you might have to switch the method from 'automatic' to manual' so they can enter new details and then switch it back to automatic.
    3. If you want to make changes or add items you would do this directly to the invoice from the 'Recurring Invoices' section.
    4. If you want to dive deeper into this I recommend setting up a recurring invoice and sending it to yourself so you can see the entire workflow! You might want to make the invoice with a 'test' product that has a $0 value as recurring invoices are not able to be deleted once created (you would 'End' it instead)'.

Hope this helps!