Options

Error message when editing and saving an invoice.

AimeeHAimeeH Member Posts: 1

I am having an issue when editing an invoice and then trying to save it. I receive this error message:
Oops! There was an issue with updating your invoice. Please try again.
Error: Could not save your invoice at this time. Try again.
Nothing I have done is helping. It did let me change the currency then it saved but now I cannot change the currency back. Your help is much appreciated!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @AimeeH

When it comes to these specific errors this can be tricky to diagnose over the community. We usually recommend reaching out to our support team by filing a ticket. They'd be able to get some additional information from your account. A workaround at this point would be perhaps you can try to duplicate the existing invoice and see if you can make changes to that one.

• Options
    sfessfes Member Posts: 4

Hi!

The same issue with saving invoice. I've tried all:

• duplicating
    • creating from scratch
    • changing items included

At first I thought the problem is with account associated with the item - no, with negative number in amount field - no, in decimals in quantity - no... For now invoice can be saved only if I change the final amount in any way. It looks ridiculous.

Continue experimenting...

edited March 24, 2020
  • Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @sfes

You may need to send me a DM with a bunch of full page screenshots of these errors.

We will need screenshots of the invoice saving error, can you also get a screenshot of your dev tools page?

What are Developer Tools?
    Sometimes we may need more information to troubleshoot issues in user accounts. Support may request a screenshot with developer tools open in order to get a better look at backend problems and have you back up and running as soon as possible!

How to Open Developer Tools
    Google Chrome
    Select the Chrome Menu at the top-right of your browser window, then select Tools > Developer Tools and click on the Console tab.

Firefox
    From the menu: select "Browser Console" from the Web Developer submenu in the Firefox Menu (or Tools menu if you display the menu bar or are on OS X)
    From the keyboard: press Ctrl+Shift+J (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+J (Mac).

Take a screenshot of the console tab on your dev tools page when you select the save button which is causing the error.

Thanks so much for your cooperation

edited March 25, 2020
  • Options
    sfessfes Member Posts: 4

Hi @BarsinA , answered in DM.