Options

What do I need to do when my clients pay invoices using Payments by Wave?

shoaibshoaib Member Posts: 2

When my client pays me through Payments by Wave, My invoice will automatically be marked as PAID and recorded in my transactions list. I will also see an automatic expense listing on the Transactions page which records the processing fees associated with each payment. & I Have one more payment is listed in my transactions list is the transaction synced from bank.
Could Somebody Please let me know how tag these three transaction to my invoice?

Thanks in advance for the Help.

Comments

• Options
    Dante_BulluckDante_Bulluck Member Posts: 52 ✭✭

You'll have to delete the transaction uploaded from your bank, @shoaib. It's just a clone of the payment minus the fees. If you delete it, everything should fall into place. Your income transaction will be linked to your invoice and the expense will be categorized as merchant fees.

• Options
    ahhyea777ahhyea777 Member Posts: 1

@Dante Bulluck Thanks for the information on this. A follow up question. Because the initial credit card payment shows up as cash on hand is there a way of transferring it over to the correct account?

• Options
    Dante_BulluckDante_Bulluck Member Posts: 52 ✭✭

Oh @ahhyea777, you can just change that by hand on the transactions page. In the future, you just have to make sure you're choosing the right account when you record a payment to an invoice.