Onboarding

Silverlakejoe1Silverlakejoe1 Member Posts: 1

I just added an employee. It says all info is completed and that he has been successfully added but when I go to enter his hours for this payroll he shows up as “waiting to onboard”. What’s that mean?

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Silverlakejoe1

Typically an employees status won't change until you've run the payroll. Are you able to confirm that you can submit their hours and process the payroll even if their status is still in onboarding? Let us know!

Also since you're an active payroll user you can always use our live chat support by selecting the help button in the bottom of your account for a faster answer!

• DebbieDebbie Member Posts: 2

Sadly live chat doesn't work if it's a bot!! I am trying to re-onboard staff that were previously employed but then offboarded in March 2020. When they get the invitation to WAVE, they are told that their acceptance is invalid or previously used. I need help as can't do their timesheets/salary without this being sorted...........

Hey again @Debbie

I see you have resolved your payroll issue with one of our agents! Glad to hear it. But as a paying customer you should have access to live chats still!

If you'd like to chat back in with us you can select the help button at the bottom of your account and type out a question to our Chat-Bot Mave who will assist you first before putting you through to an agent. Our hours of operation for live chat support is Monday - Friday 9-6pm EST.

Try chatting in using the help button again and see if you can successfully do this. If not reach back out and we will look into this!

• KennedyJonesKennedyJones Member Posts: 1

awww wished you had posted the solution :) I am having the same trouble. Might have something to do with my employee works for two of my companies? Would love to hear the solution

Hey @KennedyJones

The solution actually requires our team to reset it for you by reaching out to the payroll team via chat or tickets. Essentially we cancel the existing invoice and resend it.

If your employee is working for two different Wave companies, they can only use one Wave email unfortunately. I would recommend they add a different email. You can cancel the invite from their employee page and send it again to a new email which should work.

Fun life hack. Gmail lets you add a period to your email which will still route to the same email, but act as a different username.

For example, if your email is kennedyjones@gmail.com you can still be reached at kennedy.jones@gmail.com. Entering in this period will fool most online signups into thinking it's a different email username or login, but will still send to the original email.