[Canada] COVID-19 Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

image[Canada] COVID-19 Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers

This article outlines the Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers that has been released by the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) amid the COVID-19 outbreak and how to use Wave to apply this subsidy to yo...

Read the full story here

edited March 25, 2020 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• marinaemmarinaem Member Posts: 4

Thanks for staying on top of this Wave! Appreciate it.

• ANJANJ Member Posts: 3

I hope Wave is tracking all of these benefits and subsidies so that when tax time rolls around, we will have the right documents to explain what was done. Otherwise I'm seeing a nightmare approaching next year....

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@ANJ as Wave works to create Payroll software, one of the things that we pay close attention to is compliance and have a team here who is focused on this. As we navigate through COVID-19 together, we have been working to provide as many updates to the product that reflect the ever changing subsidy regulations that are being added. As none of us (including the government) has yet encountered a tax season with as many, or as complex tax regulations yet, it is uncharted territory for everyone. The Payroll Team at Wave has responded extremely quickly (often pushing changes that would take more than a month regularly in the matter of days) and at the heart of what is important to us is providing compliant software. I totally hear your hesitation, but I hope that you understand that this is something that is on our radar always, and something that we are committed to in everything that we do.