Product Buy/Sell Prices

RexMJarvisRexMJarvis Member Posts: 2

Hi.

Most of my products are purchased and then sold on to customers and are in Wave with a single product code. Is there a way I can have a different Cost price to Selling price on the same Item? When I use the Products/Services menu under Purchases or Sales it always gives me the same price but obviously I do not sell at my cost price.

Thank you in advance :-)

Comments

• NoFearTSNoFearTS Member Posts: 1

I need to know the same!!

• AccountsProAccountsPro Member Posts: 103 ✭✭

@RexMJarvis & @NoFearTS

Try this article, It explains the variations to pricing products & services very well.
    https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621766-How-to-add-a-product-or-service

Does that help?

• RexMJarvisRexMJarvis Member Posts: 2

Not really. Again it only gives me the option to buy the product OR sell it and I want to do both with different buy and sell prices while keeping the same product details.

Sorry.

• FritzmarFritzmar Member Posts: 2

I need the same, physical products have a cost ($ amount you buy it for) and a sales price ($ amount you sell it for). So if Wave could just add a "cost" and a "freight" field we should be good.
    My work around at he moment is to duplicate my list of products, one is only for purchasing and one is for selling. It is a painful solution. More than happy to hear better ideas

edited October 31, 2020
  • APColemanAPColeman Member Posts: 15

I believe you have the best plan that will work in Wave, that is, setting up dual products/services under buying and selling. If you have a growing inventory then you may unfortunately, have to look at a cloud based alternative to Wave - like Xero or QBO. They have monthly fees, but you will then have your product costs tracked and selling prices (with different pricing categories for different clients, if you like), as well as your quantities on hand always available - which is invaluable if you have clients calling for price and delivery. I love Wave, but if my clients have inventory based businesses, I must steer them to an alternative.