Options

Coming soon: Transactions page for mobile and tablet, quick edit features, and more!

Tara_VTara_V Member Posts: 3 admin

Hi, Wavers!

We’re developing several new features to make your accounting experience faster, easier, and more flexible. These upcoming features are based on feedback from customers about how they use Wave and what you need to make managing your business faster and easier.

We listened, and we heard you say you need efficient, powerful solutions that take the guesswork out of small business accounting. These updates are designed to work together to give you more control of your business finances, and when and how you work.

Read on for a preview of the features and improvements coming this year!

Responsive transactions for your smartphone and tablet

We’re making the transactions page fully responsive, so you can access it anywhere, on any device. You’ll be able to add, edit, and review transactions on your smartphone and tablet.

Sneak peek

Your business moves fast, and your accounting solution should keep up with you. With the responsive transactions page, you’ll be able to work when you want, how you want.

Transactions are just the beginning! Soon, Wave’s navigation system will also be responsive and easy to use across all your devices. Optimizing the transactions page and navigation system is a major step toward building a fully responsive Wave experience, so you can stay organized and get insights on the go. Look out for more information later this year!

Efficiency upgrades

Quick transaction edit

Transaction details will open below each transaction so you can make changes quickly. This feature includes keyboard functionality: navigate quickly through your transactions by pressing the tab key.

Lots of transactions? Use quick edit along with Wave’s bulk edit feature to save even more time. Edit similar transactions in bulk, then work through unique transactions quickly using your keyboard.

No more mental math

When you split a transaction, Wave will calculate the value of the new line. Just add the amount of the first line and we do the rest!

Integrated financial records

More control over foreign exchange transactions

We do the math for you by automatically converting foreign transactions to your business currency, but now you can adjust the exchange rate to match your bank records.

At-a-glance transaction sources

Your records are even more powerful when they work together. We’ll show you the source of each transaction (for example, whether it was added manually or imported by a bank connection).

Any related Wave records will link to the transaction, so you can view the original receipt, bill, invoice, or payroll in one click.

These upcoming features are just the start! We’re working on even more ways to make small business accounting efficient and intuitive, including improving bank transaction imports and continuing to expand the number of North American financial institutions Wave connects to.

Please stay tuned for more updates in the coming months. We want to keep hearing from you—how will these updates help you run your business more efficiently?

Comments

• Options
    CliftonClifton Member Posts: 19 ✭✭

Develop your own bank connections first! The WaveApp's weakest and most annoying defeciency is bank imports. Capital One does not import, Hancock Bank, does not import, Chase is two-three days behind with the 'new' integrator. STOP and fix what features you have that are broken! Please.

The bank connector company needs to add to their capacity to handle getting ALL transactions daily, not every couple of days. I don't care how good of a deal or whatever business-political decision was made, but when it doesn't work, free isn't even a good deal.

• Options
    TheComputerGuyTheComputerGuy Member Posts: 3
    How about fixing up the discrimination against international users who can no longer use wave because you don't connect to Australian bank accounts

It's a feature that we would pay for because wave is ready to use other wise
  • Options
    KevinChoiKevinChoi Member Posts: 1

Thanks for these changes, this will help our quality of life!

• Options
    douglaswebdesignsdouglaswebdesigns Member Posts: 5

While we are on the speed of banking topic, Wave should look into payments via Cryptocurrency. It would be great to be able to transfer funds not to my bank account but my digital wallet. Getting paid in Ethereum or XRP would be awesome. Seems like most banks are getting on board with Ripple so why not get ahead of the game instead of playing catch up? Digital Currency is the future, there is no doubt about it. Just take a look at the Bill that Maxine Waters submitted recently. I digress.

• Options
    SandyLSandyL Member Posts: 35 ✭✭

All good changes - great! I hope Wave will consider adding a function that will allow non-operating expense transactions, so that the P&L can show corporate tax payments after the EBIT total, for example?

• Options
    BrianNBrianN Member Posts: 3

RECONCILLIATIONS!!!

The reconciliation function is still unusable as you have to have everything cleared to make it work. You need to be able to track which items have cleared and which have not.

• Options
    celikcelik Member Posts: 1

Hi, I'm a big fan and getting more and more active as a user on Wave. However, while trying to get other fellow friends from my network to join Wave, we face a small problem which is related to missing Kosovo from the country list, which then hinders us from utilizing the invoicing feature. I've written to your support team on Twitter and expressed availability if needed for tech support. It's a small fix to add for you guys but helps us here a lot. Currently, we have to use separate systems because of that.

• Options
    MikeMead66MikeMead66 Member Posts: 1

I would like to have a user that only has access to A/R and invoicing.

• Options
    Keistone833Keistone833 Member Posts: 1

Nice features but you still have not addressed payables and budgeting. Although a great product I had to leave Wave and move back to Quickbooks Online because I cannot run my business blind of upcoming expenses. Fix it and you have me back.

• Options
    EbenezerEbenezer Member Posts: 2
    With all the upgrades stated above, will it still be free or it will come with a premium
  • Options
    OLIVERREIFF777OLIVERREIFF777 Member Posts: 3

CAPITAL ONE banking update issues. would also like to have better inventory management with product images. also need a place to add images for estimates and images for finished jobs with option to print with invoices. other than that i'm happy with Wave.

• Options
    ninjasensesninjasenses Member Posts: 1

@Clifton said:
    Develop your own bank connections first! The WaveApp's weakest and most annoying defeciency is bank imports. Capital One does not import, Hancock Bank, does not import, Chase is two-three days behind with the 'new' integrator. STOP and fix what features you have that are broken! Please.

The bank connector company needs to add to their capacity to handle getting ALL transactions daily, not every couple of days. I don't care how good of a deal or whatever business-political decision was made, but when it doesn't work, free isn't even a good deal.

I can't agree with this enough, not being able to import things actually puts alot more work on us to maintain our books. Oh and especially now that most of us small business owners are going to be applying for loans. Please prioritize this.

The tired old excuse of "its them not us" is BS. As this user suggested, you should've developed your own bank connections years ago.

• Options
    TiagoTiago Member Posts: 1

The improvements are welcome. WAVE is a great product but consider developing an integrated inventory module to enable tracking of stock and make WAVE the ERP for small businesses.

• Options
    CanadaCoderCanadaCoder Member Posts: 3

I am with several of the others here. Forget the frills. How about just adding a basic search on the Customers page?

• Options
    Jr105082Jr105082 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the updates, making the site responsive will be a huge help for accounting on the go.

I’m really looking forward to a time when we can track expenses by project. I own several rental properties but only have one bank account and would like to track income and expenses for different properties from the same account.
  • Options
    Eag24cEag24c Member Posts: 1
    this seems easy enough but what about being able to create estimates from your phone! Seems identical to the invoicing section but yet it’s not there! Some of us have to send estimates and then once we do the work then we invoice!
  • Options
    rwcghrwcgh Member Posts: 16

@Jr105082 said:
    Thanks for the updates, making the site responsive will be a huge help for accounting on the go.

I’m really looking forward to a time when we can track expenses by project. I own several rental properties but only have one bank account and would like to track income and expenses for different properties from the same account.

Not only tracking expenses by project, but also being able to easily throw those onto an invoice (with the receipt image, too) to help track things like expenses passed through to a client for reimbursement...right now, need to separately save all receipt images and use another solution to show it to the customer (separate to the invoice).

• Options
    Sam_74Sam_74 Member Posts: 5
    You should develop bank connection , it is really annoying to keep downloading bank statement and upload them.. Feels like an excel sheet not an accounting software
  • Options
    AndrewCWAndrewCW Member Posts: 6

Hi Tara. Thank you for the proposed changes looking forward to seeing and using them. If I may make another suggestion and that is to include predictive entries in the description for the transactions. In other words, descriptions previously added are remembered and offered in new entries as typing begins. I hope this makes sense.

• Options
    jack555jack555 Member Posts: 5
    That's good to hear. Please make all pages screen responsive. We are living in the world of mobile devices still wave accounting is best viewed only in desktop and now we are talking about omly one page in mobile devices. Also please release android and ios apps with all functionalities. All other accounting packages have this. Thank you. Understand its a free service, please push forward. Don't mind seeing non intrusive ads for the free service. Please consider and provide best of the services
    edited April 2, 2020
  • Options
    UrbscaburbUrbscaburb Member Posts: 8

@AndrewCW said:
    Hi Tara. Thank you for the proposed changes looking forward to seeing and using them. If I may make another suggestion and that is to include predictive entries in the description for the transactions. In other words, descriptions previously added are remembered and offered in new entries as typing begins. I hope this makes sense.

I second this request! Given there is no way to track projects individually, we have it setup to put repetitive or common expenses/income in the description fields, and have a separate Chart of Account for each project. The problem with this is when we export the data into our financial reporting, if one common expense/income in the description field is misspelled, then it messes up our financial reports.

• Options
    UrbscaburbUrbscaburb Member Posts: 8

@rdwc said:

@Jr105082 said:

Not only tracking expenses by project, but also being able to easily throw those onto an invoice (with the receipt image, too) to help track things like expenses passed through to a client for reimbursement...right now, need to separately save all receipt images and use another solution to show it to the customer (separate to the invoice).

I 3rd this request!!! Would gladly pay for Wave, probably more than your competitors, if this were implemented.

• Options
    arbarb Member Posts: 3

I like many others want to see the return of bank statement imports from countries other than USA, specifically Australia and Europe. Also an ability to use cryptocurrency. Is it no much more than another bank account ?

• Options
    StaccountStaccount Member Posts: 2

This is exactly what I was expecting from Wave for long! I think after reality of these features, Wave will be the No. 1 in the millions of hearts of it's users around the world...

• Options
    LuckyBhumkarLuckyBhumkar Member Posts: 4

We appreciate the work of WaveApps teams. We also aware that users (except USA & Canada) are frustated due to removal of banking transaction import facility. WaveApps might taken such unpleasant decision to minimize burden of maintaining bank transaction import facility. For users, who don't know that; every transaction we imports, the WaveApps needs to pay for that. In fact, WaveApps is completely free. They have no option to reimburse fees incurred for such transaction importing facility.

Anyway, the user interface and quality of user experince of using it is so much awesome. Even it is at par compared to paid apps.

I also want suggest that WaveApp can start banking transaction import facility on paid basis.

• Options
    cjecje Member Posts: 2
    Still missing uploading bills, or just a link to a shared document.
  • Options
    SBenoitSBenoit Member Posts: 48 ✭✭

This is great news! Are you looking for beta testers?

• Options
    JamAlkerLLCJamAlkerLLC Member Posts: 1

With all these new features coming out why doesn't Wave fix the ones that are broken or at least not functioning right. Previously if I paid my subcontractor via direct deposit I would receive one transaction with each bill pay for each one of the subcontractors split in that payroll transaction. This way when my bank statement imported I could merge the two transactions and reconcile my statement. But now my bill pay for each subcontractor post in transactions as individual payments which does not allow me to merge the bank import and the individual transactions. This means when I go to reconcile my account it will show there is a difference between my bank statement and Wave in the amount of my payroll for that month because my payroll is showing doubled. I have already been back and forth with multiple advisors in Wave who don't seem to be able to correct this issue. I'm begging for a resolution to this problem this didn't start until February 2020 so I don't know what was changed but please change it back.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone! Thanks for all of your ideas on how we can continue to improve Wave as we love to hear how the updates above will benifit your workflow as it pertains to your business.

We know there are a lot of different features that our business owners would like to see and we're always working to bring you new updates as well as improve our current products. If you're having troubleshooting issues or you'd like to discuss a feature idea surrounding other products/features, there are specific areas and threads in our Community where you can further those conversations with the team. For now, let's try to keep this thread specific to the updates listed above.

Thanks again for all of this feedback as our product team is always scouring the Community looking for ways to improve our software.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Ebenezer , we have no current plans on making Wave's accounting and invoicing into a paid software.

Hi @SBenoit , we're not in need of beta testers at the moment, but we will let you know if the need arises 🙂