Options

Variable Checkouts

EALING_Computer_ITEALING_Computer_IT Member Posts: 9

I would like to see a feature in the checkouts functionality that I could make a checkout that instead of giving it preset $ value the client would be able to put in a $ value of their choosing that could be used say for someone wanting to donate or some other application like that or also a checkout that could have a drop down with multiple chioces of $ amounts

Comments

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @EALING_Computer_IT! Thanks for reaching out to provide your feedback on the Checkouts feature. While this type of feature is not on our immediate roadmap it is great to hear what our users are looking for. Hopefully we are able to visit this in the future and keep sharing your thoughts! :)

• Options
    stephencpastephencpa Member Posts: 1

Why would this not be on your immediate road map? It seems like a function that would be extremely important to a lot of users. I own a CPA firm and would like to put a link on our website that clients could use to pay their bill, which differs by client. Instead of manually generating all of our invoices through Wave by client (we already have an invoicing system that's tied to our billing software), this would enable us to use Wave just for the clients who choose to pay by credit card. As a result, I'm only left with the option to stop using Wave and find a different option that supports this.

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @stephencpa

Our payments team is very much aware of this request and although we don't have an ETA, we are looking into building this in future iterations of Wave.

• Options
    NMNNMN Member Posts: 13

Any updates on this feature?

• Options
    DerekDoubleEntryDerekDoubleEntry Member Posts: 3

We were so excited when Wave launched this feature. Unfortunately, without the ability for our customers to enter the price of their payment we haven't found the feature useful. As is, Checkouts provides little to no benefit over simply sending clients a regular link to pay their invoice. Please consider this option.

• Options
    DerekDoubleEntryDerekDoubleEntry Member Posts: 3

What would really be useful, would be if we could create a custom "Payments" page for each one of their customers. Wave users could then send their customers a custom link to their own "Payments" page. Each "Payments" page could work like the "Checkouts" page, except Wave users could put a custom message on each each page e.g. "You can always pay your invoices here Jon!" etc. Then, whenever that customer uses their "Payments" page, the Wave users automatically knows which customer paid them. (No need to have the customer enter an invoice # or anything.) That being said, I would be happy with just getting variable checkouts for now :smile:

edited March 2, 2022