Invoices that were recorded as Paid have reverted to Unpaid

DemetreDemetre Member Posts: 1

Hi,

A client of mine settled several bills. We updated wave, by recording a manual payment (Cash on Hand) to each invoice.

Everything was good for a week or so and then all of a sudden those invoices became unpaid.

Please let me know how we can remedy this issue.

So it seems I realize what the issue was, by "reviewing" the transactions and categorizing them as "sales" that Unlinks them from the invoices I had indicated as paid. (I received no warning this would cause an issue)

is it possible to reverse this? This will implicate my operations significantly, as this was my record for unpaid receipts. this reconciliation was completed on Saturday April 4th, 2019.

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Demetre

Glad you figured this out. Any changes made to an invoice transaction in the transactions page will affect the invoice itself. There isn't a way to reverse this as there is no undo button in Wave. However you should be able to categorize those transactions to your invoice payment. The invoice itself typically contains the income account so when you categorize the transaction to the invoice payment, the income account is already recorded.