How do you set a reminder on recurring invoice?

Edwin_20JhbEdwin_20Jhb Member Posts: 1

Good day

I have just setup a recurring monthly invoice. The first invoice will be generated in about a week. How do i setup reminders for all monthly invoices to client ?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• altrosaltros Member Posts: 5

Yes Please How??

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Edwin_20Jhb and @altros.

It isn't currently possible to automate reminders for recurring invoices. Once the invoice is sent out, however, you'll be able to see it on the Invoices page and be able to send reminders there.

If you'd like to discuss this features in more depth, I recommend reading this post, and posting a new thread on the subject under Wave features, following those guidelines.

• CameronbellCameronbell Member Posts: 2

How is the progress coming along with this update?

As per this help dcument, it reads like we can set reminders on reoccurring invoices.
    But I can't seem to figure out how to.

I will also point out that this feature has been requested a lot for over a year.

Thanks

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208621676-How-to-set-up-an-invoice-reminder

(https://us.v-cdn.net/6030557/uploads/editor/zs/3feerokzpbb0.png "")

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Hey @Cameronbell. It's still not possible to add a reminder on a recurring invoice (since it's technically just a schedule that creates an invoice based on how you set it up) -- however, as mentioned above, you can add/create the reminder once the invoice from the recurring schedule has been created.

• CameronbellCameronbell Member Posts: 2
    @JamieD.
    Is it at all possible to set up a default reminder on all invoices created then?

So just a standard invoice reminder that is automatically added to an invoice when created?
    Or does this need to be a manual process on each individual invoice?
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Cameronbell

We're actively exploring the potential for offering this type of feature. Some users have this setting turned on, but just a small percentage. However, unfortunately it is on an individual invoice by invoice basis. The only customizable invoice settings can be found under Settings (bottom left) > Invoice customization. However there are no default invoice reminders in that setting menu.

Thanks for reaching out about this as we are testing it out to see if it's a feature our users would want!