Categorizing payment recieved for an Invoice in Wave

SpydaSpyda Member Posts: 2

Hi all,

I uploaded my bank statement and am trying to categorize a payment i recieved against an Invoice.

when i click on the "Payment received for an Invoice in Wave" there are no results found.

I have invoices in Wave so i am not sure why they are not coming up and allowing me to categorize the payment.

I could do it manually from the invoice section, but i will constantly need to reconcile the imported transaction from my bank statement.

Any ideas why the result is not coming up?

Comments

• Kristian_GKristian_G Member Posts: 56 admin

Hi @Spyda!

Whenever the category "Payment received for an Invoice in Wave" is selected, a list of eligible invoices should appear, to which you can apply the payment. What makes an invoice eligible to appear on this list, has to do primarily with it's status, as only invoices that are "unpaid" or "overdue" will appear on this list.

Can you please confirm that the invoice(s) you'd like apply payments to, are currently marked as being unpaid or overdue on the Sales > Payments page. If the invoices are, in fact, unpaid or overdue, can you please provide a screenshot of the unpaid invoice, the transaction details, and the empty list of options when you select the "Payment received for an Invoice in Wave" category?

• SpydaSpyda Member Posts: 2

Hi @Kristian_G ,

Thanks for the feedback!

I had a quick look and i definitely have an overdue invoice with outstanding payments and when.

I attached three images for you.

Thanks,

Please let me know if you need anything else?

• JessGJessG Member Posts: 54 admin

Hey @Spyda , thank you so much for those screenshots. I've tested your workflow in my test account and it doesn't seem to be an issue with Wave or known outages. I would strongly recommend that you complete some browser troubleshooting steps in order to fix this.

When you visit Wave's website, the browser will save pieces of the site, because it can display the files stored in its cache much faster than it can pull fresh files from a server. So next time you visit that site, the cached files will help cut down the page load time since they're saved in your cache.

When updates to site are made in order to push a change, it’s going to keep serving the old, cached version so any action you perform may not respond appropriately.

A lot of issues can be fixed by tweaking some things in your internet browser. You can read more about the browsers we support, and how to troubleshoot issues for your individual browser HERE: https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019859712
    Let me know if that helps out!