Adding a hyperlink to my payment page in the Notes section

CCNgCCNg Member Posts: 6

Hi,

When I send my invoice to a customer, I want to include the hyperlink to the payment page in the Notes section. I want to make it an active link so that the customer can click straight from the link in the invoice (and not have to copy and paste the link into a browser). Is this possible?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @CCNg.

It isn't currently possible to do so by going through the memo or the footer section of your invoice but there is a workaround. When you send an invoice, you have the option to send a custom message. You can put working hyperlinks in this field.

This link will appear in the email your client receives, rather than on the invoice itself, but it will be a working link.

Let me know if it helps!

• CCNgCCNg Member Posts: 6

Oh, great!. Thanks a lot for that.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Happy to help, @CCNg!

• Kevin619Kevin619 Member Posts: 6

Found this after trying to do the same thing. Unable to create a hyperlink in the message section. Any advise? Thanks

I am trying to add a hyperlink in the personal message of an invoice, is this possible? and how is it done? A simple web url doesn't turn to a hyperlink

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Kevin619! Have you checked in with your customer after sending them that message through the invoice? You won't see it as a hyperlink, but they should be able to see and click that link.

@Alexia said:
    ....This link will appear in the email your client receives, rather than on the invoice itself, but it will be a working link.

I sent an invoice to myself and the web url in the message isnt clickable. What could I be doing wrong?

Hey @Kevin619! So when you're within Wave's software itself, it does not turn into a hyperlink. I've just checked this out in my test account, and it looks like when you're putting together/sending any invoice, you have three places that you could potentially be adding this link. Two, directly in the invoice itself, are 'Notes' and the Footer. Those two places will never have a clickable link. The personal message section from the actual sending step of the next page will actually let you connect those links without issue - it's not going to look like it's hyperlinking until you actually send the invoice, as it will appear as an additional link/note in the body of the email itself. Check this out, this is what that would look like:

Hmmm, strange, @Kevin619, can you send me a screenshot of what that looks like? If you're adding the URL to the invoice itself (either in the Notes or the Footer), it's not going to work. If you're putting it in the 'Message' portion of the 'Send invoice' step of the invoice page, you'll need to make sure that you have the full link in there (including the www.)

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Kevin619 . Just tested this out. Looks like the hyperlink requires the https at the beginning of the url. You'd want to make it https://www.cabrillomarineservices.com/reports which should function for you.

• RivaCity0610RivaCity0610 Member Posts: 1

I'm having the same problem with the hyperlink in my invoice. That linked has worked fine (in the memo area of the invoice) until a week or so ago. It's always had https at the beginning of the url. It worked for 2 years ON THE INVOICE. NOW it doesn't. What else is going on? Now I have to type in my "blurb" about payment as well as the link on the message each time I send an invoice? Come on folks... Wave is such a great application! There's got to be a better way (memo customization?).

• b4studiob4studio Member Posts: 1

This doesn't work for me. I sent myself a copy of the message. Below is a screenshot of it in my inbox.
    Any idea how to make it work?