Options

Expense accounts for purchases

AnnllienAnnllien Member Posts: 4

I buy ingredients in bulk and use them over time. When asked for Expense Account one of the options that comes up is Ingredients under Assets which I then select. One product won't let me do this as the Expense Account list does not include the Asset option. This means that I can't register the purchase of this product on Wave. Why is this happening?

Comments

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Annllien

Thanks for posting in our community about this. I may some additional information about this type of purchase in order to help you further.

• Are you documenting these through your bills section?
    • Can you let us know if there are any major differences for this product under purchases > products and services
    • Which account type is this going to?

Any screenshots might help as well.

• Options

Are you documenting these through your bills section? - Yes
    Can you let us know if there are any major differences for this product under purchases > products and services - None that I can see.

• Options

Which account type is this going to? - This is rather the point. When I enter the product it insists that it must be an expense account item. Most other products that I enter give me the option of being an expense account item or an asset (ingredients). These are bought as ingredients but I can't set them up as that so currently they are office expenditure.... which is nonsense

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Annllien

You are correct in saying that not every asset account can be attached to a bill in Wave unfortunately. These however can be done by using your transactions page instead of the bills section. Our tracking inventory help center article explains how to do this from transactions page rather than bills. Have a read and let us know if you have any other questions!

edited April 22, 2020