Funds not paid

RobJ80RobJ80 Member Posts: 3

Received a message on 5th April saying I'd been paid. Funds haven't reached my account. Customer service not replying to my emails. I'm quite shocked that a business that is supposedly about helping people get paid seems to have such contempt for their customers.

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @RobJ80

As it seems your payment was made through our third party payment processor known as Stripe. Wave has two different payment rails: our in-house payments system called Wave Payments, and Stripe. Often times we may be limited when it comes to looking into a Stripe payment error, or why the payment may be on hold.

We recommend you reach out to Stripe's Support Center for a little more information regarding the status of this payment. I apologize that you may be experiencing this delay and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else!

• RobJ80RobJ80 Member Posts: 3

Is it Stripe or Wave that holds onto payments for 10 days?

Either way, Wave's customer service / support is so pisspoor that I'm never using it again.

Thanks for replying though.

• garrisimmsgarrisimms Member Posts: 3

i will NEVER EVER use that payment system again. Go look at the comments on the Better Business Bureau page. Its scary to say the least! This systems has tanked several companies

edited April 15, 2020
  • ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @RobJ80, thanks for reaching back out here. Your payout was held by Stripe, considering that the payment was processed through them. I can see that you'd reached out to our support team about this, and I do apologize for the confusion around your particular situation. You'd sent Wave an email on April 8th, which we responded to on April 10th. If you could outline your frustrations around your customer support experience, I'd love to try to look into how we can improve the platform with your context. With that said, Aislinn had provided you full context around your payment and where you could find it within your Stripe dashboard.

@garrisimms, from what I'm seeing here, your customer had paid you on April 9th, the day before a banking holiday, after which it was a weekend. The following Monday, being the next business day after payment, you had been paid out. While I entirely hear your frustration and I do apologize that there was friction in getting your account verified, that payout timeline is entirely within Wave's expected standards.

I wish you both the best.

• RobJ80RobJ80 Member Posts: 3

ok thanks Connor

• garrisimmsgarrisimms Member Posts: 3

Passover is hot a bank holiday. I did get paid, but your customer service is TERRIBLE. I suggest that everyone uses PayPal for payments. they offer free swipe machines and online accounting systems as well and have excellent customer service