Existing invoice & receipt in one document integration

Bat_lettings1Bat_lettings1 Member Posts: 2
I have a lettings business for which I use an estate agent. They already email me an invoice which shows rental income minus a property management fee. What is the best way to include this into Wave? I can’t see a simple way to include it as it is both a paid invoice and a receipt in a single document.

Can’t see how to attach a file to this question but happy to send over

It basically shows £500 overall rental income and £50 management fee so the income is £450 but this is not generated by wave. Can I recreate this? Or do I need a seperate receipt and invoice?

Comments

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @Bat_lettings1 and thanks for visiting the Wave Community Forum!

It sounds as though you are looking for a way to add a receipt to an invoice. I'm afraid that at the moment, Wave does not have the functionality to attach items to an invoice, though I can acknowledge how that would be helpful the situation that you have clearly articulated. The best way to complete this would likely be in 2 steps (1 invoice and 1 receipt).

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Bat_lettings1

Unfortunately there is no way to create an expense on an invoice. This will need to be done from the transactions page under Accounting > Transactions.

Set up multiple income accounts in your chart of accounts one called Rental Income for $450 and another called Property Management income. Account for each of these on the invoice. Also create an expense account for your fees, Property Management Expense.

In your transactions page you can create a journal transaction debiting an income account (property management income $50) and crediting the expense account (Property management expense).

Hopefully this helps but reach out if you need more assistance!

• Bat_lettings1Bat_lettings1 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you both, much appreciated i will try those out 👍
    edited April 16, 2020