Group transactions / Differente categories

DanielGTDanielGT Member Posts: 9

I get my invoices paid, during the week, so I registered those individual payments in each invoice, which creates a line for each invoice in Transactions, but when I upload my bank statement, at the end of the month, those transactions are sumarize in one line from my bank statement, Is there a way where I can group this lines and later merge with the transactions from the bank, without losing the category assigned in the invoices section?

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @DanielGT

If you're using payments by wave, then our system should in theory automatically connect your income from the client to the invoice that was created. If however you do not have payments by wave turned on, you should be categorizing your bank transaction, rather than marking the invoice as paid.

In your transactions page, find the income received by a client brought in by your bank connection, and select the drop down 'choose a category' option. This should allow you to scroll down and link that income to an invoice by selecting "payment made to an invoice". Categorize it to the appropriate invoice and it will in turn show up as paid, not creating a duplicate

If you notice that it's been duplicated and there are two transactions, it's likely because you selected "mark invoice as paid", which creates a transaction, and then your bank import brings in the income transaction as well.. Delete the bank import one and moving forward I would recommend using the choose a category option. This will detect your invoice has been paid.

• DanielGTDanielGT Member Posts: 9

thanks @BarsinA , I understand this, but I have several transactions that correspond to a single Invoice, so is there an way, where I select this several transactions and then assign them to a single invoice ??

Thanks

• Kristian_GKristian_G Member Posts: 56 admin

Hey @DanielGT!

I'm afraid that there's no way to bulk select income transactions, and categorize them all as separate payments to the same invoice. Instead, you'll need to categorize each separate payment as a "Payment Received for an Invoice in Wave."

Doing so will apply that portion of the payment to the invoice (so if the transaction is for $10, it'll mark $10 of the invoice as paid, with the remainder being unpaid). Once all of the payments have been applied, the entirety of the invoice should be marked as paid.