I cant access my cheque account as a payment account to record invoice payment

Henry_AHenry_A Member Posts: 1

HI there. I want to record part payments made against invoices. These are often to my bank account, which is set up as a payment account within the chart of accounts asset group. But it doesnt come up as a option in the drop down menu when I want to record the part payment. So I end up having to record it against the petty cash payment account which is wrong.....I'd really appreciate any advice on this. Thanks!

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Henry_A! Thanks for reaching out here. This is definitely a particular situation, but I'd love to try to break this down together. To make sure I have full context on this, can I get a screenshot of what those part payments look like from within your Accounting > Transactions page?

• WaverRemcoWaverRemco Member Posts: 3

I have the same problem. Just two options show up when you use the drop down list of "payment account" on the "record a payment" page: Cash on Hand and Shareholder loan, while in the Chart of Accounts I did register a bank account. It simple does not show up in the drop down list when recording a payment.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @WaverRemco! Can you show me where in your Chart of Accounts you'd added that bank account? A screenshot would be great!

It's under Assets, Cash and Bank where it should be. Can you fix the problem please?

Thank you!

With kind regards,

Remco

Nb. I don't think screenshots of bank accounts in a public forum are a good idea.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @WaverRemco

Would you mind letting us know what currency the invoice is in? Does the invoice match the currency of the account you're looking to deposit it into? Does this account appear on your transactions page where the accounts drop down is? Also is this happening for all invoices?

All of your accounts should still appear here in the drop down menu for your invoice > record a payment section. At the bottom of that dropdown there is also a "add an account" section. If you create an asset account here and record it to this invoice will it appear?

We may need to know a bit more info about the invoice or the account. Thanks!

Dear BarsinA,
    I am happy to inform you the issue is solved now. It seems there is quite a delay in adding a bank account to the chart of accounts and the moment it shows up in the drop down list of "payment account" on the record a payment page (either that or someone of your team fixed it). Thanks in any case.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @WaverRemco . Glad to hear it has now shown up and we appreciate your insight into the delay in timing.