Options

Two Words - DARK MODE

TLCINC_18TLCINC_18 Member Posts: 19

I like the clean look of Waveapps, but since I'm stuck at home like a million other people right now, trying to work on this stupendously bright, white website hurts my eyes.

Please add a Dark Mode to Waveapps.

Comments

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@TLCINC_18 Thanks for sharing how we can improve the current Wave platform. Are you able to explain if there are specific areas within Wave that you note as being extra harsh on your eyes? This would be helpful as we consider additional features to come!

• Options

For example: Invert the black text on white background. So you'd make it white-ish text on a black background. Ya know, dark mode. Like in MacOS, Windows, Android, Chrome, or a bunch of other apps with a dark-mode setting. It's especially helpful when working at night or in a dim environment. No need for the computer screen to be a flashlight.

Here's an example of a Dark Mode environment if you still don't understand: https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/macos/images/DarkMode_FullScreen_dark.png

• Options
    NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@TLCINC_18 thanks for that detailed feedback and we will pass this onto our developers to look into! We don't have any Wave specific workarounds for this but many of us (including myself!) like to use the flux software to help alleviate eye strain.

• Options
    Sam024Sam024 Member Posts: 3
    Dark mood will make you one step forward from other apps from the available in the market.
  • Options

@NicoletteB The flux feature is already built into MacOS and it only affects color temperature of the screen, not luminescence. Plus there's a difference between dimming a bright white screen and inverting the screen in a night time setting when it comes to eye strain.