Showing PST and GST for each line item

Christine_Friend2020Christine_Friend2020 Member Posts: 1

Hi All, fairly new to Wave and was wondering if there is a way to show which items are taxed which tax on a line per line basis rather than it just being totally at the bottom.
Not all items I invoice are taxed both the GST and PST, some only GST. Customers want to see what taxes they are paying for what items.
Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Christine_Friend2020

Thanks for posting and welcome to Wave :smile:

It may help us better if you can give us a breakdown or use case scenario or what you're trying to do via your invoices and your transactions. Are you looking to filter your transactions by the tax type? Do let us know and we can gladly help you out

• StrugglingICStrugglingIC Member Posts: 20

@Barsin said:
    Hey there @Christine_Friend2020

Thanks for posting and welcome to Wave :smile:

It may help us better if you can give us a breakdown or use case scenario or what you're trying to do via your invoices and your transactions. Are you looking to filter your transactions by the tax type? Do let us know and we can gladly help you out

Hello @Barsin ,

I have the same question as his. We are simply asking about invoice and what customers see and nothing else. Here is a quick example of what is required, notice that HST is calculated for each line.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @StrugglingIC , In the invoice itself, you can view what the customer sees on their side by clicking on More Actions > Preview as customer.

We show a total of each individual tax at the bottom and then total it up for the total tax amount. As it turns out, at the moment we don't have a way to display what tax is being applied to which line item on the invoice.

@AlexL Thanks for clearly stating that it can't be done. I really like the Wave invoicing method so I hope this feature is added.

Until then I've been creating invoices separately that can be shared to clients, and another in Wave for my recordkeeping's sake. Is there a way to export Wave invoice to excel so I can just do minor tweak on it and send?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @StrugglingIC !

Wave Connect allows you to upload or download transactional data, invoices, customer lists, etc, into a Google spreadsheet. Your excel files can be easily transferred into a Google Spreadsheet as well.

To learn more about this integration, including how to set it up, I recommend visiting this Help Center article on the topic.

@JulianP

Perfect. Thanks!
    edited January 17, 2021