Options

using DBA on invoices

spthomasspthomas Member Posts: 2

We have one company with one EIN. This company has 4 different trade names, for 4 different lines of business, each with it's own services, products, and customers. Our customers only know the business name they deal with. Is it possible to invoice them in that trade name, not the corporate name that's on our EIN, and add that logo to the invoices? The bank will accept payments in that name, the trade names are legal DBAs registered with the state for our company.

Comments

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @spthomas!

Wave does not currently offer job or project-based accounting. Our Product Team is always looking for ways to make Wave better and this is a highly requested feature so it's most definitely on our radar for potential future enhancements. Wave does offer the ability to categorize transactions. You can learn about those HERE but I understand it won't accomplish the same thing.

You also have the option to Open Multiple Businesses within the same Wave account treating each one like a different project. This is another common workaround some of our users do, so you can switch between them with just a few clicks. You could then run reports for each business as needed and manually add the totals but again, Wave is not explicitly designed for this.

• Options
    spthomasspthomas Member Posts: 2

The multiple business idea might work. Thanks!

• Options
    execubobexecubob Member Posts: 2

I sure would like to see the ability to choose from multiple invoice templates for my DBA's.
    It all goes into the one company account so there's no need for separate companies or bookkeeping. We currently do this with Quickbooks.