Options

New to Discussions

Kim_18Kim_18 Member Posts: 2

New to discussions so not sure if I am doing this correctly.
I made an invoice. the customer paid and I entered payment. I put payment in bank. will it show up twice? I looked at drop down box and the invoice is not there??

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Kim_18Kim_18 Member Posts: 2

I made an invoice. the customer paid and I entered payment. I put payment in bank. will it show up twice? I looked at drop down box and the invoice is not there??

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Kim_18

Welcome to the Wave community :smiley:

Thanks for reaching out and I apologize for the delay in response as we are currently dealing with a backlog.

So if you're using payments by wave, then our system should in theory automatically connect your income from the client to the invoice that was created. If however you do not have payments by wave turned on, you should be categorizing your bank transaction, rather than marking the invoice as paid.

In your transactions page, find the income received by a client brought in by your bank connection, and select the drop down 'choose a category' option. This should allow you to scroll down and link that income to an invoice by selecting "payment made to an invoice". Categorize it to the appropriate invoice and it will in turn show up as paid, not creating a duplicate

If you notice that it's been duplicated and there are two transactions, it's likely because you selected "mark invoice as paid", which creates a transaction, and then your bank import brings in the income transaction as well.. Delete the bank import one and moving forward I would recommend using the choose a category option. This will detect your invoice has been paid. In the drop down there is a 'more option' category, you might have to locate the invoice in there.

I hope this helps. Here is a handy article explaining all of this.