Options

Overdue Balance on invoice & Payment

bstephen777bstephen777 Member Posts: 11

Why doesn't an invoice with an overdue balance show up when you try to apply payments to an invoice from with the Transactions section?

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @bstephen777.

It should. You should see it as a choice after you choose the "Payments for an invoice made in Wave" as long as the currency on the invoice matches the currency of your transaction. Could that be the issue?

• Options

I don't think that's the issue. The currency is the same. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I had removed payments from the invoice because I had to make changes to the amounts on the invoice. Now I'm trying to re-apply payments and it keeps giving me this error.

edited March 23, 2018
  • Options

I tried creating a new invoice from scratch and the payments still won't apply. :/

• Options

Are there any characters that are not supported by Wave invoices? I'm wondering if this could be the cause of my issue.

• Options

I figured it out. One of my items started with 0000-. I guess this is not allowed.

• Options

Hi @bstephen777.

Are you sure that was the issue? I tried it on my end and my invoice went through fine. I'm happy to hear that the problem was fixed but I am curious to find exactly what went wrong.

Let me know if it happens again.

• Options

Sorry for the late response. This was the only difference this invoice item had that was not in common with my other item names. I removed the item from the invoice as a test and it worked. After, I added the item back but I changed the item name.

• Options

Hi @bstephen777.

I see. Well, I can't seem to replicate it on my end. If it ever happens once more, take screenshots of everything and let us know, we'll figure it out. Happy to hear you managed to solve it!

• Options

Ok, will do. Thanks.